snap on aircompressor?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy one of these

Snap on 20 Gallon Air Compressor, oil lubricated heavy duty, cast iron pump, dual regulator design, max 125psi, delivers5.1 CFM, 2 hp motor.

On sale 199.99

Anyone have on of these? Im no mechanic i just wanna make sure if i buy one I wont need another one. Use is home for painting, nailers and blow dust and dog hair out of my truck.

Thanks for your help

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really happy with mine, for the price you can't beat it. It won't run an automotive shop but for just an air ratchet, impact etc it works good. I was using my die grinder pretty hard the other day and it couldn't keep up, I had to wait for a bit every few minutes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have one and had to replace the manifold in the first week. That is the weak spot on them. i bought Campbell Hausfield regulators from CT and a few pipe fitting and it was good to go. Other than that they are great. General framing and I no trouble with it keeping up. Ran two nailers for interior finish with 1x6 TG fir and it kept up.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco gets the stuff snap on dumps, but cheap snap on is 50 times better than high priced pricess auto. Should be a good unit for the price.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reg price is 199.00 isnt it.............

no idea... but ive looked around for the size and name seems like a good price to me??? If there is something better in that ball park even 100 bucks more let me know!!!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no idea... but ive looked around for the size and name seems like a good price to me??? If there is something better in that ball park even 100 bucks more let me know!!!

for real... isn't that like costco committing fraud??? if it's not real snap on... THANK YOU!!! Im going tomorrow to go see it again... how would i be able to tell???

RockSmasher

Reaction score
I asked my Snap ON Guy in Calgary, and he said you can either buy Snap On tools new from the truck, or used from pawn shops or private sellers. Period. That Chinese garbage Costco sells is not Snap On. Plus, it doesn't even make sense that a 1/2 drive ratchet is $169, and an air compressor is $30 more? somethingnuw, an easy way to tell if it's genuine is if it seems crazy expensive, it's the real deal.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked my Snap ON Guy in Calgary, and he said you can either buy Snap On tools new from the truck, or used from pawn shops or private sellers. Period. That Chinese garbage Costco sells is not Snap On. Plus, it doesn't even make sense that a 1/2 drive ratchet is $169, and an air compressor is $30 more? somethingnuw, an easy way to tell if it's genuine is if it seems crazy expensive, it's the real deal.

When I saw it in Costco I went home and looked in my snap on catalogue and it was not in there so thought something was up.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's made by some Chinese tool manufacturer and just rebranded as Snap On because they licensed it. But it still comes with Costco warranty which is the best in the business. Any issues take it back for full refund. It's still $100-$200 cheaper than any comparable chinese compressor.

Top Bottom