Slip on ski skins to cover runners

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where about's can i find some of those nifty ski skins that you slip under your skis and secure with velcro so that your runners won't damage the flooring of an enclosed trailer or maybe even a truck box? There pretty slick and take about 2 seconds to slide off and on, saves the edges of our plywood or maybe even your plastic tailgate cover.

Not even sure what they're actually called

Thanks in advance !

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where about's can i find some of those nifty ski skins that you slip under your skis and secure with velcro so that your runners won't damage the flooring of an enclosed trailer or maybe even a truck box? There pretty slick and take about 2 seconds to slide off and on, saves the edges of our plywood or maybe even your plastic tailgate cover.

Not even sure what they're actually called

Thanks in advance !

Have you thought of using "puck board"? I use it on my ramps and my carbides hardly scratch the stuff and I just idle up my ramps...I think about $60-$70 a sheet...

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to have that on my ramp when i had an open deck, but can't see sheeting the floor on an enclosed trailer with it or a truck box.

Biggest advantage to these is they won't cause damage to anything, there really smooth and the sled will slide with minimal effort...

Does no one use these ? iv seen them plenty of times with guys that have big 4 placed enclosed.

snotwister

Reaction score
You can get them at either mfgsupply.com or you can get them at royal distributing.The ones at royal seem to use a better fastening system that doesnt pull out like the cheap strap used on others.You can get them black or coloured with the black ones being cheaper.I didnt look them up but i think they are in the $80.00 + dollar range.Definatley the best way to go with a enclosed trailer and its still cheaper than running ski slides all the way down the inside of the trailer.They are called ski boots.Dave.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get them at either mfgsupply.com or you can get them at royal distributing.The ones at royal seem to use a better fastening system that doesnt pull out like the cheap strap used on others.You can get them black or coloured with the black ones being cheaper.I didnt look them up but i think they are in the $80.00 + dollar range.Definatley the best way to go with a enclosed trailer and its still cheaper than running ski slides all the way down the inside of the trailer.They are called ski boots.Dave.

Ski boots, that makes sense hahaha

THX !

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what i need !!!

I have Simmons ski's and couple of my friends do so if they ever came along id have some for them too. Looks like it would pretty much fit everything !!!

Skinz Protective Gear

Looks like Trax 2 Treadz distributes Skinz stuff too so think ill give them a call, might need to replace that bent front XP bumper too (not with another play dough one...)!

snotwister

Reaction score
Those look pretty cheap compared to the other ones.Your whole ski basicaly fits into the other type.Those look like i made them;LOL!!!!! Good luck, dave.

EricW

Reaction score
SLP makes a cover called "Ski Slips". I have been using them for years. Their site is down but here it is from Dennis Kirk

I have also been using the cheapo movers dollies from Harbor Tool. Put the slips on to get out of the trailer then put a dolly under each ski and 1 under the track to roll the sled around in any direction in the shop. They work great for stacking sleds in tight places. If you watch the flyer or online notices you'll find them as cheap as $8. Spokane store had them a few weeks ago at $7.99.

Good luck. EW

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP makes a cover called "Ski Slips". I have been using them for years. Their site is down but here it is from Dennis Kirk

I have also been using the cheapo movers dollies from Harbor Tool. Put the slips on to get out of the trailer then put a dolly under each ski and 1 under the track to roll the sled around in any direction in the shop. They work great for stacking sleds in tight places. If you watch the flyer or online notices you'll find them as cheap as $8. Spokane store had them a few weeks ago at $7.99.

Good luck. EW

The SLP ones look pretty slick but had to find something for Simmons Ski's or i would have gone with the SLP's.

I picked up some sled dolly's from princess auto a long time ago for dirt cheap (couldn't of been more than 30 bucks for a set of 3). the fronts have a groove for the runner to fit in and he back under the track is flat with rubber coating, they have worked flawlessly and are heavy duty, only way to move a sled around a shop floor or garage / driveway. Used to drive the sled into the trailer with these on the ski's still from the garage driveway, they just hit the ramp and the ski's slide up the ramp and the dolly's stay at the edge, slick.

They look like this but are blue, must be an older set, these look like a newer design

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to have that on my ramp when i had an open deck, but can't see sheeting the floor on an enclosed trailer with it or a truck box.

Biggest advantage to these is they won't cause damage to anything, there really smooth and the sled will slide with minimal effort...

Does no one use these ? iv seen them plenty of times with guys that have big 4 placed enclosed.

Dont sheet the whole floor...just do the parts where the skis run...Just an idea as it seems like a pain in the mass stopping to put your "covers" on...Like having to raise my ice scratchers before backing up...they break when you do this! LOL!

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont sheet the whole floor...just do the parts where the skis run...Just an idea as it seems like a pain in the mass stopping to put your "covers" on...Like having to raise my ice scratchers before backing up...they break when you do this! LOL!

No biggie haha, i love my spring scratchers, you sound like someone who would enjoy cable ice scratchers but personally don't think they do squat :p the extra 2 seconds it takes to drop or raise scratchers or put a ski boot on im willing to spend to keep a nice trailer :) Not only does it save the floors but the sled moves around like you poured KY all over the place so no tugging sleds out the door while trying to unload or hitting the ramp at 30mph LOL.

The trailer is an inline 2 place so id have to run 3 strips and probably end up driving over the 1 all the time down the middle and having no traction. Having owned trailers and seeing how people fight with there big enclosed jobbies this is the best solution i have found thus far. One of my buddies swears by them for his four place enclosed.

i may need some super glides for traction if i so choose to load in the small front door and drive out the big back one.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever find any ski-shoes/covers for Simmons Gen2's? I've been Googling and it looks like I might have to make something before I will be allowed in Kibbles' trailer...

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking i have 2 sets of skinz slips that are new..don't need them anymore. pm me if interested

Top Bottom