Sledded in Old Fiend by Powder King

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):) 700summitguy and I sledded in Oldfreind on Saturday April 4. The road and trail were pounded out 7km, But inside Oldfriend it was one of the top ten days of sledding. Sunny skies and no wind about 0 for a temp about 5-6 in of fresh best sites around I will get 700summitguy to post pic's:d:d:d

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i suppose a guy would find better snow there than beaver creek right??have only been there once so i dont know the area very good,its fairly easy to find your way around isnt it?? as we are heading out tomorrow!!

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):)Yes it easy to find your way around. Don't forget your way in or out you can go along way in, It should be sunny on Monday and windy. The trail in will be rough. Let us know how it was for you

renegad

Reaction score
The trail into Old Friend is not well marked and many of the meadows look the same. Please be careful if you are unfamiliar with the area. I have been in many times and have still spent a bunch of time looking for the right meadow.

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we ended up going to beaver creek on the 6th ,had a pretty good day found some good snow in the trees,went to old friend on the 10th & besides the 12?km trail & the 5?km bush trail witch was still totally worth it,we had a great day,lots of untracked good snow everywhere,great day loved it
some friends went back to beaver on the 13th,said there was 2ft of fresh snow but couldnt see anything all day,they went back today(wednesday)

Top Bottom