Sled Deck

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a deck today and i was looking at the deck when i got home and it looks like the deck is to short for my sled to go on or sumthing....the deck well be going on a 2009 2500 ex cab truck...The end of my deck goes flush with my tail gate on my truck and my sled is a 2010 m8 162 wont the sled hang off to much or would i get pulled over if it is? thanks alot for help....

shakey

Reaction score
ya got three feet past your tail lights or farest marker light on deck any thing past that get you a ticket

Shortcut

Reaction score
You will need to mark the end of your sled, daytime with a flag, night with clearance lights. I just set up a clearance light for mine-3 bar light, pigtailed to tie into harness so it can be removed. Don't give them a reason to stop you--except the fact usually doing a buck 30!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You will need to mark the end of your sled, daytime with a flag, night with clearance lights. I just set up a clearance light for mine-3 bar light, pigtailed to tie into harness so it can be removed. Don't give them a reason to stop you--except the fact usually doing a buck 30!

Excellent advice, but again, only required if OVER 4 feet of overhang.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 3 feet and 6 inches i am going to put a flag there for sure in the day time and a light at night.....thanks shortcut....

Top Bottom