Sled Deck / keeping the stuff under it clean

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any one boxed in their crosstrax deck to keep dust and snow out i want to to it and i am looking for pictures and ideas

thanks

Jason

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this a couple years ago, I figured if you cut up a crazy carpet or 2 you could make up a decent skirt that closed up the gap from the deck to the bed rails.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just use rubbermaid totes to keep our stuff in under the deck...

Thats what we did too. one trip up into the hotel room and you're all done. one bin down to the basement when you get home.

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys
i was thinking more to keep the clubs clean in the summer

aaron_m

Reaction score
I tried some lengths of skirting/rubber along the box rails and at the tailgate.

My sticks continue to get dusty as hell, and still shank shots horribly.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else said, totes in the winter, and deck comes out in the summer and tonneau goes back on.....Clubs go in the back seat!, too expensive to be banging around in the box. (that's what she said:d)

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking placing a foam strip on the underside of the deck surface then lower the deck closer to the box so it would seal ( legs are adjusable) but then the clearence under neath gets pretty short. I currently have it so the larger rubber maid totes fit under the ramp and that puts the deck about four inches of the box....

Maybe a riser built out of alluminum and welded to the deck, then the foam strip to seal to the box, much like a canopy, just still have the weight on the legs......

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Was thinking placing a foam strip on the underside of the deck surface then lower the deck closer to the box so it would seal ( legs are adjusable) but then the clearence under neath gets pretty short. I currently have it so the larger rubber maid totes fit under the ramp and that puts the deck about four inches of the box....

Maybe a riser built out of alluminum and welded to the deck, then the foam strip to seal to the box, much like a canopy, just still have the weight on the legs......

Pretty close to a Truckboss...with the leg kit of course...

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a guy could rig up something with conveyer belt or combine canvas.....

I also wonder if Cross Trax will come up with a sealed unit? Something like the new truckboss, but I hope they don't stop using legs and plywood decking.

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a quad aswell so it cant come out for the summer but i was thinking of taking it out flip it upside down and box it in with 1/4 plywood and just screw it to the legs

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i built a box out of 1/2 plywood put 3 fixed wheels under the front and a handle on the back lift and pull out i did put 2 little rollers under the back but make sure the tail gate is shut as it does roll easy

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty close to a Truckboss...with the leg kit of course...

Went to thier site,
I cant see the videos at work and couldnt find any specs?
So they are sealed?
How do they manage the much space under the deck, ie cross braces, legs...

Marathon decks were local built but this has made in the US on it, is Marathon still building ?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Went to thier site,
I cant see the videos at work and couldnt find any specs?
So they are sealed?
How do they manage the much space under the deck, ie cross braces, legs...

Marathon decks were local built but this has made in the US on it, is Marathon still building ?

My understanding is that they are sealed like a toneau cover...No cross braces or legs originally, but believe they come with them now...Sits on the box rails.

Talk to Vaughn@marathon on here, he is a member and can give you the whole scoop...Also some truckboss threads on here if you search, Vaughn answered a lot of questions in them..

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f77/marathon-decks-changed-truckboss-35208.html

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wiseguy

Reaction score
I closed mine in with aluminum. It didn't really keep the dust out. Just the larger things like rocks. Used to do a lot of gravel road driving and my truck box always seemed to be full of rocks until I closed it in. My deck was also sitting on 6" risers though.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 133
Top Bottom