Slave Lake Fires

highlandrider

Reaction score
Just got back from Slave Lake and the whole area is around the town is hit hard. Here are a couple pics just outside of town.

Attachments

• slave lake fire 032.jpg
    slave lake fire 032.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 307
  • slave lake fire 062.jpg
    slave lake fire 062.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 315

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Chitty as it is, at least you and your family are safe... everything else can be replaced....

We got your back brother....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the best western n st albert first shower in a few days boy the things you miss

If you need anything Ryan, don't be afraid to let me know. We're sitting here all wound up wondering what we can do to help out.

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
I am so sorry for everyone that has gone through this. If anyone is looking for a place to set up campers, I'm 1/2 hour south on Athatbasca on Hwy 2 south just off the highway in Nestow, have room for a couple of campers, power off my shop and lots of hot water for showers, if anyone is looking. There's also a large graveled area for more people if you guys are running out of places to make camp. Its not much, I only wish I could do more. Was up in Wabasca about a week ago and went thru Slave. I never would have thought this could happen so fast :'(
Thoughts and prayers to everyone:beer::beer:

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
Where are you guys setting up the trailers for donations?

Its on the south east end of edmonton, I cant announce the exact location until they grant me full permission. I'm sure I'll have that in place by tomorrow morning. I've already spoken to there operations in Calgary and it needs to run through Edmonton.
Put your items aside and come and make the visit Wednesday night. Lets fill this trailer to show what we can do.

There will also be trailers set up in the Walmart parking lot in Spruce Grove. Accepting donations from 9 am to 9 pm.
3 closed in snowmobile trailers were loaded and are on their way to Westlock right now.
Thanks to Nick (Showtimes cousin) and Nick's dad Wayne for organizing the donation pick ups today! Nick, Wayne and Mike are driving to Westlock tonight.

It amazes me how we can all get together and make things happen!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Third one just leaving Walmart Spruce Grove.we will be here again 9-9 tomorrow if anyone wants to drop stuff off.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Good Work,,you filled the trailer..or 3

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will also be trailers set up in the Walmart parking lot in Spruce Grove. Accepting donations from 9 am to 9 pm.
3 closed in snowmobile trailers were loaded and are on their way to Westlock right now.
Thanks to Nick (Showtimes cousin) and Nick's dad Wayne for organizing the donation pick ups today! Nick, Wayne and Mike are driving to Westlock tonight.

It amazes me how we can all get together and make things happen!

awsome job guys!!!

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
Mare, We have room here too to park RVs. I have a bit of pasture for horses or donkeys and I am sure my neighbors would donate some pasture space. Feel Free to give our name and number to whom ever is in need!
780-910-6939

I posted this in the "PAY IT FORWARD" section as well, but may get more exposure here.....

I want to help ANYONE that is affected by the Slave Lake fire.

I am offering a spot in my back yard for your trailer/camper. It will hold a 20ft max trailer, with truck. I will offer water to the trailer, power to the trailer, and a fenced yard for your dog, Medium size as we have 3 dogs as well. One is NOT fixed... just warning you. I live 10 mins. south of Westlock, not on an acreage but it works.

I wish I could open my home up, but its pretty full already, with 4 adults, 1 kid and 3 dogs. I will help where ever I can.

I am posting this here first, but if I dont here from anyone in 2 days. I will go to the Westlock Community Hall and post a bulletin with this offer.

There will be many people needing some help and this is what I can offer. I hope it helps. I know some people may not have internet, or able to see this. So, if anyone knows someone from Slave Lake that is in need, TELL THEM about my offer.

Send me a PM and I will send you my number.

My thoughts and Prayers to all the people of Slave Lake.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely brutal!. Our thoughts are with all those affected. We have sent some of our best BC crews including the Prince George Firehawks to help.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys/gals i dont have a trailer but im on days off starting wednesday morning and i can pull a trailer up there if theres a extra one that needs a ride.
2010 f-250 diesel and lots of exp pulling, also will be stoping by with donations on wednesday as soon as we know where to drop it off at.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the pile of donations at walmart today. Good job guys I will be by tomorrow and drop off some stuff. Its nice to see the whole province kick in and help all the people devastated by this.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys/gals i dont have a trailer but im on days off starting wednesday morning and i can pull a trailer up there if theres a extra one that needs a ride.
2010 f-250 diesel and lots of exp pulling, also will be stoping by with donations on wednesday as soon as we know where to drop it off at.

I don't have any used trailers on my lot right now but if you want to grab a new 7X19 and fill it up its yours!!! My yard is on the Westend or I could drop it off on Wednesday. We have a group of Firefighters and equipment there already from Edmonton with fresh crews heading out early this morning.

My heart goes out to all the Family and Friends involved!! I've been a Firefighter for over 15 years and this is one is hard to believe how quickly it spread!

Ron
780-970-4940

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The generousity of people is amazing!! Team Doo Over's trailer was loaded within an hour of arriving at Walmart in Spruce Grove. People would just keep coming, or ask what was needed go into the store and buy it. Pretty cool. Three 28ft. were loaded and delivered last night as was mentioned.

Arrf's trailer would have been loaded faster buy we needed to sweep it first!! lol :eek::eek: Nice job Many #s.

Saw this morning that Global mentioned the Spruce Grove Walmart as a drop off site so I imagine it will be busier today than yesterday. Keep up the great work Nick, Wayne and family!!

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The generousity of people is amazing!! Team Doo Over's trailer was loaded within an hour of arriving at Walmart in Spruce Grove. People would just keep coming, or ask what was needed go into the store and buy it. Pretty cool. Three 28ft. were loaded and delivered last night as was mentioned.

Arrf's trailer would have been loaded faster buy we needed to sweep it first!! lol :eek::eek: Nice job Many #s.

Saw this morning that Global mentioned the Spruce Grove Walmart as a drop off site so I imagine it will be busier today than yesterday. Keep up the great work Nick, Wayne and family!!
AWWWWW MAN
i wanna help out SO BAD!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
TELUS just sent an email out to all of us employees indicating they will match dollar for dollar all employee donations to the Red Cross via an internal link.

They are also:

Immediately donating $25,000 to the Red Cross in support of relief efforts.
Offering free wireless long distance calling to all residents in the community for at least the next week.
Shipping 1,000 long distance and prepaid wireless calling cards – so residents can keep in touch with family and friends.
Shipping 1,500 comfort kits packed with toiletries to the Red Cross for distribution at evacuation centers set up in nearby communities.

Customers can text “REDCROSS” to 30333 to donate $5 to The Canadian Red Cross Society.

Simple text can help a bunch...text away people!!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
TELUS just sent an email out to all of us employees indicating they will match dollar for dollar all employee donations to the Red Cross via an internal link.

They are also:

Immediately donating $25,000 to the Red Cross in support of relief efforts.
Offering free wireless long distance calling to all residents in the community for at least the next week.
Shipping 1,000 long distance and prepaid wireless calling cards – so residents can keep in touch with family and friends.
Shipping 1,500 comfort kits packed with toiletries to the Red Cross for distribution at evacuation centers set up in nearby communities.

Customers can text “REDCROSS” to 30333 to donate $5 to The Canadian Red Cross Society.

Simple text can help a bunch...text away people!!!!!
Good on Telus!!!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many people coming together, donating time, clothing, groceries, cash, whatever. Great to see!

Donating to Red Cross you get a tax receipt, even if you donate online. Just in case you need another reason to donate!

Aud

Member to GBCA
Reaction score
Donations for Slave Lake Evacuees!

Attachments

• Slave Lake Donations 002.jpg
    Slave Lake Donations 002.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Slave Lake Donations 004.jpg
    Slave Lake Donations 004.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 212
  • Slave Lake Donations 006.jpg