Slave Lake Fires

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wednesday night from 4-9pm we will have 2 snow and mud trailers set up. I will post the location tomorrow. The snowandmud tent will be set up. Please bring everything you can. We will have a donation jar as well

This is what makes this site what it is.......hats off to all the volenteers and donators.

Proud to be a member of Snow and Mud

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
My Brother lost his house last night along with all his possessions and toys. Him his wife and their three dogs is all they have left. :( They were out of town at the time visiting the family here in Rocky so they had no evacuation notice to gather even memories. Sad day for Slave Lake...I will do my part.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the "PAY IT FORWARD" section as well, but may get more exposure here.....

I want to help ANYONE that is affected by the Slave Lake fire.

I am offering a spot in my back yard for your trailer/camper. It will hold a 20ft max trailer, with truck. I will offer water to the trailer, power to the trailer, and a fenced yard for your dog, Medium size as we have 3 dogs as well. One is NOT fixed... just warning you. I live 10 mins. south of Westlock, not on an acreage but it works.

I wish I could open my home up, but its pretty full already, with 4 adults, 1 kid and 3 dogs. I will help where ever I can.

I am posting this here first, but if I dont here from anyone in 2 days. I will go to the Westlock Community Hall and post a bulletin with this offer.

There will be many people needing some help and this is what I can offer. I hope it helps. I know some people may not have internet, or able to see this. So, if anyone knows someone from Slave Lake that is in need, TELL THEM about my offer.

Send me a PM and I will send you my number.

My thoughts and Prayers to all the people of Slave Lake.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowandmud will be planning something for Wednesday evening. Looks like we need to help even earlier. Any one who can help us let us know.

I'm all in for helping!! I've got tons of friends and family going through their closets to find stuff their willing to donate, stuff that doesn't fit, or they don't wear anymore etc. and spending a few bucks to get necessities (toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, dry shampoos, etc.) My family has a garbage bag or two laying around here full of donation stuff!

Got the idea to start collecting from Wife Of Many Numbers.. But I'm glad to help out S&M is going to be doing their part! Good on everyone that can help out!!!

I'm going to be driving all over Edmonton tonight and tomorrow collecting it all up, and I'll be with papa bunny on Wednesday night helping out as much as I can.

My heart definitely breaks for the town of Slave Lake. My thoughts and wishes go out to all affected... Directly and indirectly.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Where are you guys setting up the trailers for donations?

Its on the south east end of edmonton, I cant announce the exact location until they grant me full permission. I'm sure I'll have that in place by tomorrow morning. I've already spoken to there operations in Calgary and it needs to run through Edmonton.
Put your items aside and come and make the visit Wednesday night. Lets fill this trailer to show what we can do.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in Whitecourt there are trailers at WalMart and the Baptist church on Flats road. Just got back from dropping off a few bags of clothes, and they also had lists posted of what they were short of. So in to Walmart for diapers, baby wipes, tampons, toothbrushes & toothpaste, soup, granola bars, dog food, etc.

My wife and I don't have any kids, so I was pretty surprised how quick the cost of the diapers added up!

Kazual 6

Reaction score
here are the claim numbers for some insurance companies if anyone wants to pass them on to people they know who were affected.

* Intact Insurance – 1-866-464-2424
* Economical Insurance – 1-800-607-2424
* Peace Hills Insurance – 1-800-369-4053
* AXA Insurance - 1-877-552-0554

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work in a dental Wearhouse im trying to get hundreds of toothbrushes and toothpaste and floss and whatever I can trying to get it donated from my company but if not ill buy them ill do what ever i can to help. Im very sad to see and hear what is happening to so many people and such a beautiful place. My Toughts and Prayers for all affected by this.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Donation place set up in Red Deer as well.
Went through my closets and bagged up 8 garbage bags of adult and kids clothes, kids books, blankets, teddy bears, toys, 2 strollers and a baby swing. Went to Costco and grabbed toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, etc.
We will be driving trailers up as soon as the ok is given.

05 rm250 rocket

Reaction score
hope everyone from slave lake is doing alright. my brother lives in westlock and right now is at the community hall volunteering he says most people are trying to stay positive. another way to help is on telus you can text "30333" message "redcross" for $5 donation
tks

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I think is important to point out... Do what you can to make sure your donation is actually going where you think it should. If they are not already, I'm sure some scumbags will be trying to cash in on this soon. Remember the fake redcross campaign with the tsunami? Just double check is all I'm saying. These people need our help, lets make sure it makes it there!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Third one just leaving Walmart Spruce Grove.we will be here again 9-9 tomorrow if anyone wants to drop stuff off.
I'm Told the GBCA has 2 full trailers so far and working on others...

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is my pile of ash 4 house on the left in the culdesak (sp) you guys make me proud to be a member of this site your hearts are huge. Here is what happend at my house, had been listening to the radio for updates and kept hearing all is fine hyw's closed so we waited looked out side and I noticed that the smoke was thick and close so I hooked up the trailer to the truck and started to load it turned around and it was on the street behind me. the wife went to help our friends and make sure they were ready 5 min later the house behind me burst in to flames \i ran into the house grabbed one more arm load when I came out the house beside me was in flames truck was all but invisible and it was only 6 ft away flames were falling everywhere ( burnt the top of my head dam this migrateing hair line anyhow) it was so bleack and smoky could not see past the hood made it to our freinds house helped them finish and proceded to get in line to get out of slave. worst part was that when I got into my truck at home the radio was on and they were saying that slave lake was not on evacuation notice to wait for further instructions. Bastage's

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the best western n st albert first shower in a few days boy the things you miss

Top Bottom