Skidoo tach removal question

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have a 2005 Skidoo Summit 800X, I am removing the tach/spedo unit and installing a digitron. What do I have to do with the wires that go to the tach. This is an X model it does not have a regular spedo just a small digital one. Do I just unhook them and cap them off or do I have to connect some together. Also do to previous problems with the heated handgrips I removed the stock switch and had the same switches added as the XRS model whick I like a lot better BUT, My RER doesnt seem to be working properly now, there was 3 wires and the new switch only has 2. I had this done at a shop but its now causing problems mabie just a wire came apart, who knows, find out this weekend. Anyone who had also done this modification please let me know how you wired the RER so I can get this back working properly.. The RER does work but not properly no beeping..

RON

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
To be honest....everything that has to do with the sled is hooked into the guage. If you unplug it you'll have faults in the ECU out the ying-yang. All the ones I see in the shop still have the guage hooked up. There might be a possabilty that the sled might not run the way it should. But you should ask digi direct. And as for the RER...the 800R (ECU)is wired differently that the 800 HO(MPEM)

Top Bottom