Skidoo 1000 motor rebuild

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have to do my motor this summer in my 2006 Summit 1000 Highmark. I was wondering who to go with for the rebuild in northern Alberta area. I am looking for a company that will fix the motor and make it more bullet proof then it was from factory. I don't want to have to fix the motor for a while after this fix. When I have it fixed I would like the problems that are associated with this motor to have resolution, short of chucking the motor and putting in a different motor. I would like to have it where there is not repeat problems. I don't trash my sled and do take care of issues with jetting, in this case programming, but this engine seems to have some small bugs and I would like to have resolution up front. If you know of a rebuilder that can take care of this please let me know. Thanks.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't really anything wrong mechanically with the 1000sdi. The issue is all the stuff surrounding it. I am not going to go into detail here as most issues have already been explained better than I can. I urge you to visit DooTalk and read through the Mach Z FAQ section also a thread by Tom Warga regarding the electrical issues, and finally a thread on performance called RT1K by Lund.

In short you need to address:
1) Unsealed airbox that lets in too much belt dust
2) The proper ecu mapping from BRP
3) Improving the ground system
4) A thermostat
5) Clutching

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
Thanks Bnorth. I have read the whole thread by Lund and in fact took the time to take out all of his recommendations and put them into a word document. I am going to being doing almost all of the mods that he has recommended to make the machine more bullet proof.

I still am looking for a recommended shop though to do at least some of the mods.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Deano at Mad MOTORSPORTS in Leduc, he a good guy and does good work! He is on here as Deano670 or search his company and you will find his number.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuild the engine to stock, use brp pistons as they seem to hold up the best. Add a thermostat, and the wiring upgrades, and hold it to the pin. As far as getting some one to rebuild the engine. Give Alberta Motorsports a call 1780 785 2041

Top Bottom