Ski gear

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do people buy decent stuff at a good price....?
New/used...? Is it worth buying off kijiji or FB ...?

I‘m not nearly as educated at what I’m looking for concerning ski gear.... how does a guy know if used stuff is any good...?

Looking for boys, 10 & 16....

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rusted edges are very tough to repair. newer ski designs make a huge difference compared to the old sticks. Look for new last season hold overs in stores, must be tons of ski shops in Calgary? rental shops sell off last years stuff, usually decent pricing.

Put my wife in new Volkl skis last year, re used her old Look bindings, and got a great sport check deal on Rossignol boots. All said and done was probably into it 500$, but she went from plowing greens to shredding blues in about 2 hours in the new stuff. That was worth it alone.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do people buy decent stuff at a good price....?
New/used...? Is it worth buying off kijiji or FB ...?

I‘m not nearly as educated at what I’m looking for concerning ski gear.... how does a guy know if used stuff is any good...?

Looking for boys, 10 & 16....
I highly recommend Out of Bounds in Edmonton.
Second recommendation would be Sundance in Edmonton.

And ironically some of the best deals I have ever gotten on skis or boards was in banff.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Out of Bounds in Edmonton.
Second recommendation would be Sundance in Edmonton.

And ironically some of the best deals I have ever gotten on skis or boards was in banff.

Fritz Ski Haus in Edmonton for anything. Old Austrian tells it like it is. I love it.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lou’s performance center in Calgary is very good bootfitting. Makes a huge difference if the missus has happy feet that work. Sets people up with gear that works for them as well, not looking to sell you anything you don’t need

Fresh in Kensington has lots of good stuff

Ski cellar has always been really helpful

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids stuff is such a pain cus they out grow it all the time, it never gets worn out on the first kid. We have a ski swap every year, good place to essentially trade in outgrown kid stuff. Other than that lots of leftovers from last year. As much as I try to avoid big box stores, just got the youngest in new gear at sportchek, they had last years stuff out at half price.

Top Bottom