Silber turbo problem

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bearings have went on my silber turbo and am looking for a replacement. Does anyone know if a garret will bolt in? I think a 2860 but not sure and don't want to do any retrofitting

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called him. Told me he was out of stock only has a ceramic bearing kpa turbo in stock. And I need it for this next weekend

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with yours? I am really thinking about pulling my kit off and going something else. It sell the sled when fixed and buy a skidoo

its having some low end bog issues , but only at higher elevations. it works great from the truck to about 5000 feet.
it has right around 2000 miles so im not going to complain.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 2012 pro for my son with and a silber kit but i couldnt get it to fuel right so i took it off and put a snowX fix kit in it. and to be honest its more than enough for him.

i sold the kit tho

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with yours? I am really thinking about pulling my kit off and going something else. It sell the sled when fixed and buy a skidoo

yea i might sell my dragon in the fall and use the money towards a 163 t3 ...but only in black , that yellow is for girls.

AK FULL THROTTLE

Reaction score
Kinda having the same issue... Mine is now bogging but only after WOT let up and hit it again.. Was running good at 5psi and would be bad over 5 but now doing it here and there a 5. But does not do it at WOT just after letting off and hitting it again. Altitude does change it as does RPM.

The 2860 is the KPA Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo the Justin has in stock. I my self was looking for another Journal style cheap replacement and the KPA aint cheap but of course he is out of stock for a couple weeks.

Is yours making contact inside or does it just have more movement than normal?

I have something else I am going to try...

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was hitting inside. I am going to replace my turbo just haven't decided with what. Thank god for my spare xp

AK FULL THROTTLE

Reaction score
Well $400 to replace what you got but the KPA 2860 is one heck of a turbo... If you wallet allows it that is the one, direct replacment as well..

WesG

Reaction score
Garrett fits but requires different oil line fittings if I remember correctly. Coolant lines are the same but the oil drain flange and oil feed are different. Any decent fitting shop will have the two fitting needed. Also if you route the hose carefully you do not need a braided line for the oil feed.

Wes

Top Bottom