Sheep Creek or Kakwa?

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going for a run tomorrow, Never been to either. I've worked down the sheep creek, (and fired my service truck off a cliff on christmas Eve!), do you NEED a radio if you're not commercial traffic? Where do you stage? An EnCana guy told me km 32.5...

Or - Kakwa - I've sledded it years ago, but never ATV. The Weyco rd still junk? Again, where to stage, and where does the wilderness park begin?

Anyone wanna come?!?!?!

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Kakwa as I'd been there before. Did Horn Ridge and the Falls, snow up the ridge, none at the falls. Road was pretty good, little wildlife...Alot of the camps are in, people just sittin around waitin on more snow....Going again on Thurs...

skylinegtr

Reaction score
Hey ps94 you doing your weekly trip tomorrow? we are going to load up and try tumbler or pk in the morning, we should compare notes tomorrow evening!

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't go. My riding buddies are Wimps. Hoping for Saturday...

Attachments

• IMG_8304.jpg
    IMG_8304.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_4995.jpg
    IMG_4995.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 439

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was the 6th. I'm thinking of trying to go tomorrow (20th) or sunday...

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the BC side of Kakwa IS NOT OPEN TILL DEC 1ST! Dont ruin it for the rest of us. I'm not pointing fingers BTW, some people don't know.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Horn Ridge and the Falls are on the AB side. Its just some people like to jump the gun and head to the lake and eventually SRD will shut it down. Personally I don't want to see that happen. Also last I heard, there was 6" at the staging point on Monday. Bring on the Snow!

jimxp

Reaction score
Yes, please dont go before Dec 1... what we have at kakwa could be taken away so quick. happy riding. keep us updated on the snow

jimxp

Reaction score
kakwa is south of grande praire, down the two lakes road, all types or riding for everyone, groomed trail to the cabin at the lake and thats just the start, alberta trail pass is required, please support the local club! wicked riding area very large area so good idea to go with people who know the area.

jimxp

Reaction score
i guess i forgot to say its also possiblel to get to kakwa from mcbride area... not sure on the details... but lots of riders come from that side as well

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the BC side was closed to all Wheeled vehicles, no matter the time of year; due to the erosion issue caused by the tracks?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
jimxp said:
i guess i forgot to say its also possiblel to get to kakwa from mcbride area... not sure on the details... but lots of riders come from that side as well
To do that I believe you would have to cut across a national park and you don't want to do that on a sled. Not totally sure I was told this a few years back.

Top Bottom