Sheep Creek or Kakwa?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen this on Facebook. Just for your info. I didn't know this rule was in place.

Swan City Snowmobile Club reminder everyone - regardless of where you've been riding so far, we are only allowed past The Border & into BC once there is more than a meter of snow at said border. To keep the area - it is worth everyone's while to try and follow that rule and hey! once there is more than a meter at the border - let us know and we'll get grooming!

All4Traction

Reaction score
Ummm.. I saw this too, and I'm not sure where this is coming from....

The groomer isn't allowed past the border until there's 1meter of snow, but there's no regulation on sledding as far as snow amounts go, ONLY dates. BC Kakwa is open to sleddin on Dec 1-April 15 in designated areas, and til april 30th in more limited areas.

Maybe some guys had their personal groomers out there? I know there's quite a few of those around Border town. Thats my only guess.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, it was a single snowmobile track to border town. Maybe the rules have changed?

All4Traction

Reaction score
I double checked this. Its the same as all previous years still. Kakwa (BC) is open to sledding Dec 1- April 15/30.

The rule of 1 meter of snow is ONLY for the Groomer.

Here's a link to the Gov't website. It has TONS of info, read up :). The management plans and everything else that you should know are there.

Top Bottom