shaft bearing behind secondary

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
the bearing right behind the secondary clutch on my apex mtn is gone.outer part of bearing still in housing.. housing still good.. nut on backside of shaft spun off but didnt wreck the threads... just have to changebearing ? am i missing a washer or something to go between that nut and the bearing from the inside ?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bearing right behind the secondary clutch on my apex mtn is gone.outer part of bearing still in housing.. housing still good.. nut on backside of shaft spun off but didnt wreck the threads... just have to changebearing ? am i missing a washer or something to go between that nut and the bearing from the inside ?
you've come to the right place, be patient and you will get good info. if no one responds in a timely fashion pm either Pistonbroke, Koby, or zal as they have apex's and work on them a lot....

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is how it is suppose to look
apex secondary 001.jpg
note the shim & washer
apex secondary 002.jpg
oh snap !
apex secondary 003.jpg
Another angle
apex secondary 004.jpg

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right, theres no washer between the nut and bearing. I do know that its a special bearing thats tapered on the inside that at the moment you have to get at either Yamaha or Royal. There is a tapered sleeve that fits inside the bearing, and when you tighten the nut, the bearing tightens on the shaft. If you don't have the sleeve, you'll have to buy it at yamaha as well. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

OLY'S 379X

Reaction score
thanks for the help.... called the dealer today and got all the parts i need and a picture how all the washers and bearing go back together..

Top Bottom