Senate Vote

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just constructed an email and sent it to every member of our senate to hopefully get them to vote down the Emergency Act that they are debating then voting on. I encourage each of you to do the same.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like your involvement and many people have responded to GG senators ect myself included. I don't think their is a hope in hell that this will not pass threw the Senators. Truedope would have had all his henchmen in place before he even enacted the emergencies act.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying what he did was right, however, it never passed in the senate, and was never fully enacted. The cops didn't need it to go beat up protestors, they needed it to compel the tow companies to move the vehicles

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moot point, the emergency act has been rescinded, the sky isn't falling, and communism isn't here

So if someone shoots you and says "I stopped" all is forgiven? Yes it's good he backed down and got rid of it, but it doesn't take away from the massive overreach of enacting it in the first place. I believe it was the Senate who forced his hand as many didn't want to pass it and he's likely backing down to save face.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if someone shoots you and says "I stopped" all is forgiven? Yes it's good he backed down and got rid of it, but it doesn't take away from the massive overreach of enacting it in the first place. I believe it was the Senate who forced his hand as many didn't want to pass it and he's likely backing down to save face.
So the system works then? how can he be an authoritarian dictator, when an independent body, has to approve what he's enacting? Yes, it was an overreach, but that is why we have the senate, the GG, and ultimately the courts, to limit the governments power and over reach

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you not been following the last week of events? We were dangerously close to loosing our freedoms potentially forever!

Not even close, the emergency act has to be renewed by a vote of parliament every 60 days, even had it been fully enacted, in 60 days, they'd have t redo the debate and vote, or it would automatically be rescinded.

Top Bottom