Selling electricity to the grid

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that on 18 Feb 2008 the rules have changed in Alberta and homeowners can now sell electricity back to the grid via solar or wind generation.......although not a fanatic...... this topic really appeals to me to take advantage of free energy from the sun and reduce our relliance on fossil fuels. I am considering solar thermal water heating and electricity for my home in Sherwood Park, but I do not want storage batteries therefore returning to the grid makes a lot of sence to me. My question is - how is this done and does anyone have any good info on the subject matter?

thanks.....

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of into and products available. They have been doing in the US for a long time. Products are very easy to get. Some places in town have quite a bit of it too. Go see mike or alex at DC Soluitons for the electrical stuff (things that can take solar, wind power, store it so you can use it, or use batteires to boost your solar wind in times of high load like vacumming), can also put power back on the grid. Search google for more info. there are locals that do the water heating stuff two, or you can do it yourself (not that hard these days). I have got a buddy owns a heating and mechanical company and does some solar heating and water tank pre heating with solar. PM me if intersted and I will pass on the info.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will send you a pm - I have booked a home energy audit with Verdatech. They audit your home and then the federal govt will give you grants for improving your energy efficiency with new furnaces etc. There is a $500 grant for solar thermal water heating and up to $5,000 in grants if you go big with geothermal heat etc.

Anyone else have any experiences with this subject?

Cheers

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i do this type of work and the advancments that seem to happen daily are amazing. 5 years ago you were working with 20 year old technology now it may be as new as 3 months ago.

Top Bottom