secondary clutch sliders

inkstreme_05

Reaction score
hey i got a 2001 polaris 700 xc sp i wore my button sliders down to the metal on my secondary clutch and scratched up the metal pretty good would it still work if i got the buttons out and put new ones in? the helix is pretty scratched up too but doesnt look like it shaved it enough to take any degrees away if that makes any sense. some help would be awesome. oh just wanted to let Gary know if he reads this that this is Chris. Kims son. LOL i guess i could just call you but thats no fun. haha If not anyone got a complete secondary for sale that will work? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i got a 2001 polaris 700 xc sp i wore my button sliders down to the metal on my secondary clutch and scratched up the metal pretty good would it still work if i got the buttons out and put new ones in? the helix is pretty scratched up too but doesnt look like it shaved it enough to take any degrees away if that makes any sense. some help would be awesome. oh just wanted to let Gary know if he reads this that this is Chris. Kims son. LOL i guess i could just call you but thats no fun. haha If not anyone got a complete secondary for sale that will work? Thanks!

Replace every part that has any wear what so ever! This is called preventative maintenance... when a worn out piece is in contact with a new piece (especially clutching components) the new piece is going to wear out way quicker than mormal. Just start from scratch with all new hardware... helix and teflon rollers :rolleyes:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris!

Further to our conversation, I got to thinking (yes... it hurt):eek:.

You should have only damaged/scratched the helix and the helix is separately replacable and is not $600. Search the net for an aftermarket helix or clutch kit w/helix. Should cost you $150 to $200.

Polishing the helix will work if not too bad, but at the cost of added maintenance on the bottons.

Take the time to properly clean the sheaves before re-assembling.

Check the teflon bushings for wear as well.

I did read your other posts, but didn't put the name together... sometimes thinking just hurts!:eek:

Top Bottom