Sat 10:00 Meet in Gibbons To Go For A Ride

DieselDemon

Reaction score
Sat we are meeting at the Gibbons Hotel for 10:00 to go for a ride. We will be going either to Redwater or the Ironhorse trail system. Looking foward to seeing those who come out. The weather should be beautiful. Be There or Be Square
:d

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been out to redwater? and if so is the snow packed enough to ride quads around?

DieselDemon

Reaction score
Only 2 takers? Wow its the first really nice day in a while, we are organizing a group ride and so far its looking pretty dismal. The Calgary riders arw way more dedicated. Wish I lived 300km further south

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think people are more interested in sledding this weekend - seeing how we got a whole bunch of snow

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow is on average knee deep in farmer fields and by the tree line it gets waist deep. I'd be taking sleds up rather than quads. Cant remember ever having this much snow.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aahaha yeah we will see... can't hurt to give it a shot. If Redwater is a wash then the Iron Horse might be better. Better chance of packed trails atleast lol

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aahaha yeah we will see... can't hurt to give it a shot. If Redwater is a wash then the Iron Horse might be better. Better chance of packed trails atleast lol

Is Redwater like Bruderhiem, just trails in the bush.....I might be down the joining uses guys, provided I dont have to work Saturday....:(....Always happens on a nice weekend, crap hits the fan at work.....I'll post something friday night if I will meet you in Gibbons on Saturday......not sure where the hotel is....but there can't be that many....lol.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Redwater like Bruderhiem, just trails in the bush.....I might be down the joining uses guys, provided I dont have to work Saturday....:(....Always happens on a nice weekend, crap hits the fan at work.....I'll post something friday night if I will meet you in Gibbons on Saturday......not sure where the hotel is....but there can't be that many....lol.

Gibbons Hotel - 5006 - 50 Avenue. Hopefully you can make it. :d

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay off of the groomed trails :realmad::realmad::realmad:

There are no groomed trails around here. Just packed from other sled/quads. A lot of guys ride the sturgeon river, but it's still open in a lot of spots so be very very careful, and this + degree weather isn't helping. I don't want it to be -25 but -10 I can live with.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a buddy out tomorrow morning. I'll be happy to join in provided buddy is agreeable and we can make it to the Gibbons hotel by 10am. ...too bad I didn't notice your post earlier.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gibbons Hotel - 5006 - 50 Avenue. Hopefully you can make it. :d

I Wont be joing yous guys Saturday as I hoped, gota work.....FCUK.....better to have to much work then not enough.....

I will go Sunday, I am open to going out Sunday if anyone is still willing to go again.....no big deal though if not,

...please post how the riding went though...that would be cool....

Thanks

STYKO

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great ride Strat562! Thanks for extending the invite and all the tows you gave me and Tisbits. Good adventure, but I could definately have done without accidentally stepping into the water....

Attachments

• Drowning in January.jpg
    Drowning in January.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom