SApex:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's purdy quiet over in the Yami section, thought I'd try here...

I installed a MPI stage 1 charger kit on an Apex Mtn last spring. Just got the one ride in on it without any clutch changes and of course it was hitting the rev limited.

So I'd like to pick up a set of Dalton Quick Adjust Cam Arms but I'm not sure which base wieght. I'm only running 6psi now and will likely step up to 10 psi in a year or two. Can I buy 1 set of base weights that will work for 6 & 11psi?

My clutches now are all stock (6000-8000ft settings) with 74.2grs of cam weight. I was thinking of getting the DTYA-1's (73.6-81g). I think these will work for 6psi (enough weight and more aggressive curve), any idea whether they will work for 10psi? I'm planning on installing adjustable weights and taking a best guess at an initial weight then tweeking during my first ride. Once I get RPMs right I may tweek 2ndary cam and primary spring. I'll bring a couple of springs out with me.

Am I better of getting the -2's and stepping up to stiffer primary spring (preload and rate) for 6psi.

Just hoping to avoid buying these weights twice ($$).

Also, how many guys are increasing 2ndary helix with boost? And how much? I don't think I need to @ 6psi.

Thanks for any tips!

Shawn

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? Nobody run these weights or no one wanna share thier clutching secrets?:beer::beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You should get ahold of Neil McLean(the ponoka boys) as he's a top figure on these yam turbo set-ups.........he's NM on this site. may Climbmax might step in too(Randy Swenson)

Last edited:
Top Bottom