S36 front suspension upgrade.......

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I threw this kit on my sled a couple weeks ago. I had Evol Rs on my sled that I put back on with the narrower front end. Do you guys thing this will be ok? They are 17", and the narrower front end takes a 16.5" shock. I thought I would just run a little less air pressure in my main chamber.

I also have my stock front end, and the 16.5" KYB shocks that came with the kit to get rid of. Any ideas what this stuff is worth?

$400 for the take off's.

Your sled will just sit 1/2" higher in the front. No biggie. The non X Summits last year still had longer shocks with the S-36 package, there was no ill effects. This year all the Summits with the S-36 have the 16.5".

Sun Sport

Reaction score
I installed 2 of these kits allready and have noticed that with the sled on the lift and no weight on the skis and no sway bar on, that the tie rod hits the sway bar mount on the lower a arm and it locks up the steering.Anyone else have this problem ? One sled is a stock 08 xp and the other is my 08 xp with the 2011 MXZ race front nun on it and they both hit in the same spot?? i had to grind down the sway bar mount a little and the problem is solved but I'm not sure if it is because they dont have a sway bar in ? you guys that have put in the kit notice this or not??

fox68sd

Reaction score
dealership now says back ordered till the middle of Dec. they need to stop taking money on these cause they dont hav a good atitude about it.Starting to dislike skidoo ,they say buy Canadian but we can buy sleds and parts cheaper in the USA.Have owned skidoo products for over 20 years ,i think ill go with Polaris next.thankx BRP looks like I'll hav some skidoo gear for sale ....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealership now says back ordered till the middle of Dec. they need to stop taking money on these cause they dont hav a good atitude about it.Starting to dislike skidoo ,they say buy Canadian but we can buy sleds and parts cheaper in the USA.Have owned skidoo products for over 20 years ,i think ill go with Polaris next.thankx BRP looks like I'll hav some skidoo gear for sale ....

so is polaris selling canadians sleds at us prices? just what are they doing for sledders in canada. doo tell. otherwise yer just blowin smoke.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone have troubles getting the lower a-arms back in place...they go in fine but have a tough time lining the bolts up with the wear plate...pretty tight squeeze by the time i get in place can't get the wear plate lined up. Anyone have any tips on getting the wear plate in there and lined up on both ends?? or is it ok to omit the wear plate? I bolted in place without wear plate and pretty good fit but perhaps will result in excess wear. My bushings and wear plate are pretty abused now i suspect new ones would be a lot easier - maybe i'll order some new one and run without the wear plate until they come in. Thx.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its a "wear plate" it needs to be there and if you had a problem then there might be a tweek in the frame. just put a little lube on the wear plates and they slip in. the front S36 kit took 3 hours to install. Nice kit and yes i noticed that the tierod end sleeve hits the sway bar bracket but only seemed to be straight forward position. LOL cant remember last time i went over a jump and thought "man i had better straighten my skis" AND WOW!!!!! love the way it rolls over now. Well worth the wait

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im still waiting on 4 kits from brp. not impressed. anyone else have stock on them?

A buddy of mine has an S-36 kit he was gonna install in his '08, but I believe he is going to ride the sled stock and snowcheck an etec for next season. I think he's returning the S-36 kit to his dealer.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its a "wear plate" it needs to be there and if you had a problem then there might be a tweek in the frame. just put a little lube on the wear plates and they slip in. the front S36 kit took 3 hours to install. Nice kit and yes i noticed that the tierod end sleeve hits the sway bar bracket but only seemed to be straight forward position. LOL cant remember last time i went over a jump and thought "man i had better straighten my skis" AND WOW!!!!! love the way it rolls over now. Well worth the wait

Yup there was a bit of a problem haha...the a-arm, ball joint, shock, tie rod sacrificed themselves for the frame. Still managed to ride out 16km...everything looks nice and straight back together...no popped rivets or anything on the frame parts. I didn't think of lube...the bushings were chewed up so wasn't cooperating with the tight fit. Ordered some new ones and will put the wear plate back this week. Thx for your help. IMG_1651.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 227

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man that looks bad, with that much damage you have stuctural damage, looks costly ryan 1

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks worse than it was. No issues on the frame...the lower a arm mounts are a tight fit but everything else looks good...no cracks, folds in the aluminum, popped rivets etc. Ski tips line up even when back together. Got a smoking deal from a member on a entire front end kit for $250 plus $40 shipping good to go for under $300 and have enough parts to do the other side and upgraded to x model shocks. Damn stump or log under the snow caught my spindle - trail breaking through the last cutlblock to trail ahead about a month ago. The a arm on that side had a slight pre existing bend in it and i think that helped it fail...i was gonna change it over the summer and never did...kind of glad i didn't.

butthead

Reaction score
i ended up loosening up both lower control arms as was having problems this did solve the problem and it made life much easyer

Top Bottom