RZR XP900 - roof top chop

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roff = Roof (It's a metric thing)

Anyone round edm area that does roof chops on RZR's?

Looking at the XP this weekend - but I'm concerned that the height might be too high for our Toyhauler. (I think the bunks are 74")

Just getting a rough idea how much it would cost if I had to chop a few inches.

thanks,

Last edited:

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RZR XP900 - roff top chop

Might be a bit of a drive but there was a guy in Penhold (just south of red deer) who does it, there was an add on kijiji.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: RZR XP900 - roff top chop

Ya...I went looking for that ad too....doesn't seem to be on there anymore....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: RZR XP900 - roff top chop

Don't do it Gord...you're a big guy, if you wear a helmet, you're not going to have a boatload of extra space. I put the adjustable slider rails on the driver seat in my RZR, and my helmet rubs up top.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roff = Roof (It's a metric thing)

Anyone round edm area that does roof chops on RZR's?

Looking at the XP this weekend - but I'm concerned that the height might be too high for our Toyhauler. (I think the bunks are 74")

Just getting a rough idea how much it would cost if I had to chop a few inches.

thanks,

If you are concerned about height I have heard of a few guys cutting it down so it clears the trailer but not re-welding add an insert piece of tubing inside the roll cage and the pin it with linch type pins or bolts on the top and bottom, slide a piece of roll bar foam over it and nobody would know the difference. unbolt to lower for trailer.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered the XP this week. Prob get it end of March... guess I figure out how tall it is then, with the new shoes and/or lift.
I may end up having to remove the bottom bunk in the TH garage.

Nuttin' is easy. lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always just let the air outta some tires to give yourself 4 or 6 inches extra clearance....just a though....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always just let the air outta some tires to give yourself 4 or 6 inches extra clearance....just a though....

Pin it. Make it fit....

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just suck your suspension down with ratchet straps! Easy fix while hauling. If you have a winch on the front you can use that to suck down the front end.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would depend on what tires he ends up with. I just put som 29.5 outlaw 2's on my teryx4 and let the air out of the drivers rear to check how much it would drop and it didn't budge, not even an eighth of and inch.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 28's on mine and i can fit it in the enclosed without sucking it down at all. Still have a good 4-5" to spare. Fairly high door on the trailer.

Top Bottom