RV Toy Haulers

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice trailer Toeknee

Just wondering if you found out any more info on whether or not the Alberta gov't is going to be allowing boats or quad trailers being pulled behind 5th wheel trailers?

I've been hearing that for about five years now, and every time i dig deeper to find if its true or not i get nothing. I certainly wouldn't listen to a salesman trying to sell a trailer on that assumption, no offence to all salesmen, it is their job.

sledhead65

Reaction score
Hey i think we kinda know each other, or have met at least, I am a former co worker of Darren, gee i cant remember his last name.. he had the Canso.

I stopped in there a couple times, to say hi to him.

When you guys headinfg out again?
I am in Ukraine working fore a couple weeks yet.

Have a good one.

Don

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been in the rv industry fo half a dozen years and every year people say the laws are changing. im here to tell you..there not. the rumor just keeps going around. for those of you who are looking at buying a toy hauler and want some advice as to the good and bad an the good and bad dealers, let me know. im happy to help!

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fast toys for boys is in davidson sask if any one is looking at toy haulers the prices are dropping there is some in lloyd at boundry rv down about 25 g from 70 g

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay away from toys for boys. they promise good pricing and then when you get there its not what you thought. they do poor pdi`s.

kimwin

Reaction score
we also thought that. so we went from this to this!!

Attachments

• DSC00741.jpg
    DSC00741.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03729.jpg
    DSC03729.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03730.jpg
    DSC03730.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 44

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice rig. you will enjoy your raptor. triple slide. thats the kitchen that slides on the door side right?pic looks like western rv in airdrie?

green momba

Reaction score
I have found that loyd prices are way over priced, and the service is bad, my opinion, I would buy from vegg or some where west. lots of good dealers out there. price is important but service is also very important found in our area st paul, and bonnyville dealers are alot better and the service is also.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see if you can find 2 dealers with the same set up and get them battling for best price. It worked out for me this summer. picked up an XLR 37.5 By Forest river. So far so good. We have really enjoyed it

chevy88girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '06 38 ft Gear Box for sale if anyone is interested.... asking $38k Pm me for details :)

Flange

Reaction score
ive got a 38' fleetwood and i must say its been a great investment i have been pretty much living in it for the last year while working away from home and i really couldnt be happier i got it for a really good price and have added a few things along the way and its been great i would highly recomend a toy hauler for anyone in the market mine is a tri axle and tows amazingly well i have over 35k on mine now been to fort mac from vancouver island twice now andcountless trips back and fourth to grand prarie and fort st john and have had no problems at all lol i did some reserch spent a bit of cash and winterized it and lived in it all last winter in northern alberta with no problems at all took -45 like a champ! lol anyway like i said i highly recomend toy haulers even just for the average joe looking for a 5thwheel for work or pleasure having the back room is great for a boot room or to dry wet work gear well good luck to anyone thinking about one

happy riding the snow is upon us!

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been looking at purchasing a toy hauler for couple years now.
Every time i feel comfortable with my decission, I here or read about problems.
I have all but commited to the XLR from Forest river, Very impressed with the 38x12sa. Waiting till after the Dealer shows in the states to see what is available. Also what will happen to our economy in the future?

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone use one of these for sledding in the mountains??

how cool would that be, after morning coffee AT THE HILL you can go have a crap while the sled is warming up outside. comedown from the hill to the lil lady making homemade cookies, she could watch out for everybody else's truck and trailers to avoid theft.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would be nice however, first I would not want to be pulling something like that all the way to the mountains in the winter with crappy road conditions, 2nd you would have to have lots of propane to keep the furnace going, 3rd your generator would be running 24/7 for all the extra cost and hassle I know I would rather stay in a hotel. Maybe in the spring when the roads are more predictable but not in the winter. 17000 lbs is lots of weight to fight in ice condions

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually it would be nice to come back park under the awning and have a cold one as everyone else loads up to go home

altashee

Reaction score
I heard alberta is going to follow b.c. regulations.We bought a 09 wolfpack from the states.With shipping to us border and our cost to pick it up and haul it home,we saved over 20,000.dollar was better than.Some dealers are a litle snippy to deal with for warranty work,but we found a decent one in leduc.:d

Top Bottom