Ruby Falls

oldman

Reaction score
Looking on any information on a trip to this area? second year for the wife to ride so want to make sure it is a easy ride not too much skill yet on her part.
But like I said she is learning. A guy I know is thinking of a trip there early mid may what do you think? Thanks in advance;);)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Looking on any information on a trip to this area? second year for the wife to ride so want to make sure it is a easy ride not too much skill yet on her part.
But like I said she is learning. A guy I know is thinking of a trip there early mid may what do you think? Thanks in advance;);)

There will be too much snow yet in early May, for an inexperienced rider. IMO

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
You have to cross Ruby Creek about 17 times and if the water is deep due to spring run off, it can be quite challenging and very rough (that's following the river bed). If going up the river bed way,there is a pretty steep hill to get up to the lakes. You can follow the river around and still get to the falls. The muskeg way can be tough if it is wet.

Last edited:

ksean

Reaction score
Thats a ride that I think that I would like to take with my 14 year old son this summer if possible. He rides a 2000 Kodiak 400 solid axle quad so deep snow or water is a bit of a problem for us.

When there is no snow left on the ground, the river isn't too high and there is still a little mud to get dirty in how long a trip would it be (time and distance)?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a ride that I think that I would like to take with my 14 year old son this summer if possible. He rides a 2000 Kodiak 400 solid axle quad so deep snow or water is a bit of a problem for us.

When there is no snow left on the ground, the river isn't too high and there is still a little mud to get dirty in how long a trip would it be (time and distance)?

Its a good half a day if you don't piss around, its really slow going with older machines cause the trail in is all rock. Another thing is to plan the trip for a weekend when i hasn't rained lots. been up there lots and the creek can get pretty deep if it rains all week. I highly recommend the trip, the falls are well worth the ride and drive. Also plan for a couple days so you can hit up the south esk trail, takes you right to the jasper border. If you make it far enough there is a swinging bridge you can walk to and cross the river into the park (no atvs) really nice area. its a good full day ride we racked up 120km the day on that trail,

Devon T

Reaction score
When u make the trip to ruby falls if you have time u should check out cardinal falls the next day or somthing it is amazing there.I showed everyone back east the pictures and they couldnt get over the scenery. It is also a place to try for summer due to snow.

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is rocky but there are lots of trails that are amazing to go see out there the abandoned grave site, the falls themselves, the swinging bridge. Plus way more! At one point there was a memorial to a motorcross biker out there. Lots to see right at Canadian Thanksgiving time is a photographers dream out there I have pics to prove it :D

Top Bottom