RT1000 vs Yamaha Nitro turbo 180hp

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday on Charlie Lake B.C. The local Yamaha dealer (good guys) had the Yamahas out to try. I rode almost all of them I love the way the Yamahas ride. The Yamaha 240hp Nitro was very wild. I had a chance to drag my RT1000 against the 180hp Nitro, The kid was maybe 150lbs I am 265lbs the Doo had him. I had to back out of it for him to catch up we went 300yds. He got off the Nitro and said what the F^&k is that thing I had no chance he said. If the race was longer I think he would have got me. I would have had no chance against the 240hp Nitro, That thing is a monster it was fast.:):beer::):beer:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh. weird. the RT1000 cant be stock. cuz the 180hp nytro is super fast. and it should have been danm close not a hudge beet. was he running full boost?

but have to say they are all fun to ride!!!! thanks for that post

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to lie my RT will beat a 240Hp nitro for a short distance drag too (cause hes spinning forever) but when it catches up its doing like twice the speed you are lol Then its game over, but my RT isnt so stock either. I would really like to see some more of these low boost nytros out there, i think they would be a very fun reliable sled.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen the low boost turbo?

its low boost $2200, i think yamaha is selling them next year or they will be available factory turbo'd.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 180 hp nytro? Isn't that the horsepower without a turbo? If it was a stock sled you would have destroyed him in a race with your brute. I could be wrong with the hp on that sled.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the 180 hp nytro? Isn't that the horsepower without a turbo? If it was a stock sled you would have destroyed him in a race with your brute. I could be wrong with the hp on that sled.

i think the nytro is in the 120 to 130hp classes(equivalence of a 600 class sled)........

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think the nytro is in the 120 to 130hp classes(equivalence of a 600 class sled)........

Ya thats right. It was the APEX that was a little higher.

I'd like to see the dyno sheet that proves that nitro was 180hp. It sounds like he had a little "sticker power" added. It was probably running at about 150hp. The torque of RT would hands down take the nitro off the line but if it was 180 hp and with the four stroke track speed he should have caught up to him once he was at high RPM's.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen the low boost turbo?

its low boost $2200, i think yamaha is selling them next year or they will be available factory turbo'd.

It looks like a supercharger that is directly driven off of the crank. It will be low boost but will probably be reliable. The only part that scares me is the extra 3 inches that the rotor is sticking through the bottom of the sled with only a plastic cover. That will definately have to be upgraded!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya thats right. It was the apex that was a little higher.

I'd like to see the dyno sheet that proves that nitro was 180hp. It sounds like he had a little "sticker power" added. It was probably running at about 150hp. The torque of rt would hands down take the nitro off the line but if it was 180 hp and with the four stroke track speed he should have caught up to him once he was at high rpm's.

the stock rt is rated at 175hp(depending on year) and with proper mapping/tuning, stock can exceed 185 quite easily as proven in several magazines, using the mach one versions...... With few more bolts ons like cold air intake, smaller chambers, fatty single pipe, and reeds can achieve 200hp, basically stock....with pipes and proper tuner etc, can achieve 230hp on premium/race fuel.......then you can always add "juice"(happy button), and turbos and like one sled we know of, dual turbos.........:)

Top Bottom