RT 1000 programer

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my low pressure pump this summer-bought it fron NAPA-threw the receipt away. It quit on the first trip out- in the trees past the cabin in Renshaw. Here is a tip-if your low pressure pump quits, all you have to do is fill the gas tank-this will fill the high pressure pump resevoir allowing the machine to start and run until about 2/3 empty. 2hills-run the 07 mid-alt mapping- this is a leaner setting and will clean your plugs up. C.S. pipes will work well at low altitudes but give you troubles at higher altitudes. Battery condition is critical on the RT,s.

tumbleweed

Reaction score
the numbers are all stock, just pipes 6000 to 7500feet
the numbers that posted just after mine are close to mine with
the same mods top numbers where 19s running 1130 to1150 probes are set at 7in from piston.seized engine at 1260f,made it a little larger this go arround

RyanJ

Reaction score
Hey there! New to the board I HAVE to get into that. I have a RT 1000 (2005 highmark X) And Took it out today, and It ate 2 Sets of Plugs One set just in the garage! Went down to drumheller and it got worse! down there it ATE 5 sets! I tried to bump the idle up to 2000 But the Screw is all the way down and only at 1200 RPM! I have a MBRP can on it and that all stated with the stock Can! I thought I fixed it then it started happening again! So Is there any Trick Im missing here, That you RT guys Know? I have a boondocker coming for it but i dont want to install it unless Everything working good.. Someone Please help lol!
Ryan

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey ryan ... I would suspect you need to change the mapping to the latest mapping(running too rich in midrange) to prevent the plug fouling. Otherwise, check your battery... ALSO, WHAT SPARK PLUG YOU RUNNING(BRAND AND #)???

freakshow12

Reaction score
Hey there! New to the board I HAVE to get into that. I have a RT 1000 (2005 highmark X) And Took it out today, and It ate 2 Sets of Plugs One set just in the garage! Went down to drumheller and it got worse! down there it ATE 5 sets! I tried to bump the idle up to 2000 But the Screw is all the way down and only at 1200 RPM! I have a MBRP can on it and that all stated with the stock Can! I thought I fixed it then it started happening again! So Is there any Trick Im missing here, That you RT guys Know? I have a boondocker coming for it but i dont want to install it unless Everything working good.. Someone Please help lol!
Ryan

check the battery. run br8es plugs in it and has it been updated? I would also take the MBRP off as its JUNK. I had one of the first offered to the public on a testing basis from them and it was pure garbage. I lost 3mph on the gun running that canas well as it seemed to put the e raves out of whack.you are also NOT supposed to fiddle with those throttle bodies or screws, leave em alone. I went with a complete bikeman setup and it works. you could give the 07 mid map a try but its pretty lean. I cannot run it with my mods and dont want to risk it.

2hills

Reaction score
thanks, have a new battery tomorrow,relays and pump,, do you guy have the part number for napa for this pump or just take the old one in? Going to stop tomorrow and talk to Jerry at Martins or even Curtis(his ripped) about mapping

2hills

Reaction score
LOL!!!!! This is turning into a real RT self help thread..Page 3 ...LOL

freakshow12

Reaction score
napa pump is NAPA 8012S are you doing this yourself? if so you should relocate it to the footwell above the battery. its easy and you will never have to lift up the engine again to get at it. I can walk you through it if needed as I just completed it.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the pump is better left under the engine for 2 reasons. 1-it is the lowest spot on the sled for gravity to feed it. 2- it is also colder under the engine-reducing the risk of vapour locking. Changing the pump under the engine is not very hard to do. Just un-do the 2 right side motor mount nuts, lift the engine with a pry bar,wedge a 2x4 under for safety,use a 1/4 in. dr ratchet with a short extension.10mm socket to remove the 2 bolts holding the pump in place.switch the hoses to the new pump and install.

freakshow12

Reaction score
I know several who have done the relocate with zero issues. its likely better if you run a can than the suitcase if relocating but either way seems to work......its just preference I guess. I just had my hi press pump out today yay!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know several who have done the relocate with zero issues. its likely better if you run a can than the suitcase if relocating but either way seems to work......its just preference I guess. I just had my hi press pump out today yay!

I have never had to do that-how hard was it?

freakshow12

Reaction score
that pump was EASY compared to the low one. I will make my own thread with my sled and my findings as not to hi jack this one :)

Top Bottom