Road an Outty today with Power steering and...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm totally sold on the power steering. Had it on steep, rutted down and up hill climbs, high speed off camber, skeg jumping ** u-name it** .Effort less upper body movement on high speed cruising. My question is, how does this power steering hold up to abuse and what kind of stress does it put on the tie rods :confused: I didn't notice any beefier tie rods/ends. And if the power steering fails completely are you stuck with "regular" steering to get it out of the bush or is it harder steering Without the actual power steering functional :confused: Thanks.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm totally sold on the power steering. Had it on steep, rutted down and up hill climbs, high speed off camber, skeg jumping ** u-name it** .Effort less upper body movement on high speed cruising. My question is, how does this power steering hold up to abuse and what kind of stress does it put on the tie rods :confused: I didn't notice any beefier tie rods/ends. And if the power steering fails completely are you stuck with "regular" steering to get it out of the bush or is it harder steering Without the actual power steering functional :confused: Thanks.

I would rather break parts on my Quad than on my body any day. I have seen in person and have knowledge of serious accidents that I don't think would have happened if the machines had power steering.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually if it fails it gets defaulted back to normal steering.

its power assisted steering so you should still be able to steer.. its not run off hydraulics or anything its just attached around the steering pole.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leonard is right, in regards to yamaha any ways they default back to reg steering if damaged. Sumx54, what took you so long to realize ps is better. Yamaha has had it for years.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my grizz has the power steering..i will never own one without ever again..i love it! 27" mudlites and can steer thru the trees with one hand!

Top Bottom