RMK Pro Hood Pins....

F*ckLand

Reaction score
So I hate the new hood pins on my new sled, they were fine at first but i have fought with them ever since my first run in with a tree...... I destroyed the original bumper and had to stitch some of the belly pan together, ever since the front hood pins have been near impossible to latch. I installed a new bumper, Brandt Motorsports makes a custom bumper that kicks a$$ its way stronger and it has two drop down bars to protect ur belly, they bolt to your lower A arms, super strong setup. But still after installation the front pins don't latch. So... I found a very simple fix that works great for me and its super cheap. I cut apart a bungie strap and zip tied it to the front bumper bar just behind the female end of the hood pin. It supports the hood better and makes it so you can push the male end in much easier. 2012-02-10 12.31.16_resized.jpg 2012-02-10 12.31.35_resized.jpg

Its kinda "simple" but it works good.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah it would have been nice for polaris to eliminate these clips for 2013 and put a normal strap like on every other sled!! I have major issues with mine as well. Not to mention, Polaris wants $13 each for replacments and that is just the Male clip w locking retainer!!

F*ckLand

Reaction score
2012-02-10 12.59.48_resized.jpg 2012-02-10 13.00.08_resized.jpg

Coulpe bumper pics incase your interested. Brandt Motorsports out of Kelowna builds em, there all aluminum and super light, chrome or powder coated to your colour of choice. 250 bucks shipped to my door.

uker7

Reaction score
yah it would have been nice for polaris to eliminate these clips for 2013 and put a normal strap like on every other sled!! I have major issues with mine as well. Not to mention, Polaris wants $13 each for replacments and that is just the Male clip w locking retainer!!
the yammy guys have been fighting with these things for a while, heres a couple of solutions...
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172014

Top Bottom