RKTEK Pro rev2 kit

kooter353

Reaction score
Anybody running one on their 13-14 yet?
I'm waiting on mine yet, but would like to know if anybody has theirs up and running.
How dose It perform?
Boondocker #'s ?
Clutching?
Stock 13 pro,163 with slp intake
I am running at 3500-8000? ft
I weigh 170-5 lbs riding weight
Majority boondocking and tree riding.
Ordered 13.1:1 head
Rooster weights. Amount of weight in the heel? /Tip?
Springs?
How about boysenn rage cages with his set up?
Only those with experience with this kit reply PLEASE!
Thanks.

Last edited:

michaud2307

Reaction score
Have a 858 big bore for sell .. Comes with billet head New piston re-honed jugs and boondocker controler.. Did 200k with it and blew crank bearing.. Decided to go turbo instead!!

2013 pro 858 , 163x3", c3 2.32,jaws can

DarylKatchen

Reaction score
I have a 2012 with five rides on it. I started way too rich(that actually gave me high exhaust gas temps.) got it workin good now. Has a bit on a stock pro. More throttle response, more torque, and no more shaking.
My sled is the 12 so my fuel numbers will b different than yours.
Boondocker box.... Close to 6 across the board after 5500.
stock clutching 62s because I wasn't gaining any rpm. Now I have it tuned its starting to come alive and bring them up around 8400. Still running on the resister for ethanol fuel. This weekend I will switch that and prob put more weight at it.
Sled runs great, except after I installed kit and boondocker box it is hard to start when Hot????? No to rich seems like electrical..? Maybe tps.. Still workin on that.
I don't ever blog.. But I would like to hear from others with this set up too. So i'll let u know what changes worked for me in the next couple weeks.
Daryl

DarylKatchen

Reaction score
Rode on sat. I have been playing way to safe causing me some troubles. My hi egts caused by being way to rich, same as my starting problem. I think it might still be a little rich right now but it is working great. I am 185 pounds running sled at around 6000 feet -5 Celsius. Still using stock 62 weights.
Fuel #s 2500. 0 0 0
5500. 0 0 0
6750 0 0 0
7500 2 2 2
8500 3 3 4
piston wash is about thumb nail size on transfer ports. (Still some fuel trimming to do)
i think I will still b removing some fuel from the 0's.
I will start on some clutching soon. My kit from rkteck came with the rooster weights. When I am hill climbing and on the packed trail rpm is 8400 and up shifts and pulls HARD. When I hit the fresh snow off the end of the trail, it pulls down to 7800 and won't back shift?? I think I might try lighter weights, and hope it doesn't over rev on the packed trail. This is the kootenays and the snow off the end of the trail is waist deep:).

borsky

Reaction score
on a 12 you don't need to add fuel, they run fine on stock mapping. If anything you need to trim from stock levels. also not sure what your running but mine ran better with the stock can, over the slp.

edit: nevermind I see you are running the rev 2 kit mine was the original kit

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installing mine in my '14 today. I have some base numbers to work off of for the Bonnie Box, but I won't post anything till I give it a try. Maiden voyage will be at Mountain Mania in Golden next weekend!!

kooter353

Reaction score
Anything new Daryl or HRT?
Get the fuel and clutching down?
I still haven' got mine installed due to a pooched back. I'm hoping t get it in ths week.
Thanks.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything new Daryl or HRT?
Get the fuel and clutching down?
I still haven' got mine installed due to a pooched back. I'm hoping t get it in ths week.
Thanks.

Sorry kooter...mine is a rev1 (without shim) I emailed Kelsey about the rev2 and he said isn't available for public purchase yet?!?!

kooter353

Reaction score
Ok thanks.
I just lucked out I guess.Got mine from a dealer here in Alberta.I talked to Kelsey and he was surprised I had the kit. Told me the same.
He recommended starting with the 858 tunin specs.
Could I get your specs to compare with the 858 and Daryls numbers ?
Thanks.

DarylKatchen

Reaction score
Omg kooter. Same thing with me. What a coincidence!!It's been one month Monday since my back went out. I haven't rode in a while. It has pinched my sciatic nerve. Got a bit better yesterday and much better today. I feel for ya. Good luck.
My kit has the spacer and is working great. Prob still bit rich because of lack of tunning time. Just installed my rooster weights to 62.5 grams and will try that this weekend if my back is better. The only trouble I am having is starting when it is warm? Think it still may b a bit rich. I turned my oil pump up 2 turns also. Seems to b about 50/1 now. I will keep u posted with any changes once I get tunning. Just have to get more time on the snow.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tinkerjohnson on SW has numbers for the REV2 as well as the REV 1...this is who we got our base numbers from. They are running a little higher elevation than what we are. My sled feels a little rich at engagement and bottom end, but quite clean on the top. I am going try trimming some fuel in the 5-6000 RPM range for next weekend.

Top Bottom