Risers&suspension lift for 2000 summit himark?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 summit himark that i was going to sell but have decided to keep for my girl friend to ride.

i want to put 8inch risers on the handle bars but im pretty sure the throttle cables& brake line are to short.

Would the throtle cable off a newer sled work for me as a fix? or whats the best way to do this?

the old ZX sled sits pretty low compared to my XP so id like to lift the suspesion abit,,the front i figure is simple,, should just be a bolt on kit right?

but what about droping the rear suspesion abit,,is there some fabrication involved? how would i do this?

I just want to make this sled a little more capable&fun to ride for my girl friend

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in adavance:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on somebody must have done this before,,help a fellow sleder out here:beer:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8" riser all the electrical lines have to be done, brake line you can buy a new one, after market just make sure you get the correct ends so they match.
Get extention for the throttle most sleds shops have them. Pretty simple to do, few hours

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be dropping my skid to make room for my 2.25 track. I will be making my own drop brackets and will post pics when I do this next weekend. The 153 swap was not the piece of cake I thought it would be. I have 6 inch risers on mine and used the flat style Rev bar. That worked out very well.
Here's an update. After looking at all my options, I decided not to hack up the old Summit's tunnel. The 7 tooth 3 inch drivers fit right in with no problem. I ended up with about 5 inches of slack with a 2 inch longer track. The paddles touched the cooler. I would have had to move the suspension 2-3 inches back and 1/2 -1 inch down. Way too much work for an old sled. It might be worth doing if I did not have the Cat to ride. It would take a lot of mods to come close to what that Kitty will do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom