reviews from the other guys

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
wondering if I could get some feedback from the other guys out there

I have heard it buy a doo, buy a doo. I am starting to think all these guys can't be wrong but I have seen alot of problems with them year and brp doing the avoidance dance. Snow-check time is coming and I would like to get a new sled but I would like to wiegh all the options.

so who bought what in 08 and what did you like/dislike about your ride this year. I would really like to get some feedback from anyone who has put a few kms on a nytro.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
wondering if I could get some feedback from the other guys out there

I have heard it buy a doo, buy a doo. I am starting to think all these guys can't be wrong but I have seen alot of problems with them year and brp doing the avoidance dance. Snow-check time is coming and I would like to get a new sled but I would like to wiegh all the options.

so who bought what in 08 and what did you like/dislike about your ride this year. I would really like to get some feedback from anyone who has put a few kms on a nytro.

LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE SAID.... NEVER BUY THE 1ST YEAR OF ANY "NEW" PRODUCT.... INCLUDING VEHICLES, SLEDS, ETC..... I THINK DOO WILL HAVE THEIR FEW PROBLEMS WORKED OUT BY NEXT YEAR, AND YUP THE NYTRO'S ARE A GOOD SLED TOO.........

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Summitric said, the first year product usually has some quirks. you have to look in the longterm. This gives the manufactures some real field testing and they pick up on what needs to be fixed/altered to improve there products.
I have a Nytro, 620 km on it. Great Great sled , Have no complaints with it at all. Did a little tuning in the suspension, but nothing to set up.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have an 08 xp x 154 and yes I had a few quirks to work out like grips and gearing, welded my d/shaft, clutch weight, belt, really no big deal but now I have an absolute killer and I love the machine. I now have 1300 km and a few bottles of nos on it so far this season.

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Like Summitric said, the first year product usually has some quirks. you have to look in the longterm. This gives the manufactures some real field testing and they pick up on what needs to be fixed/altered to improve there products.
I have a Nytro, 620 km on it. Great Great sled , Have no complaints with it at all. Did a little tuning in the suspension, but nothing to set up.

How do you find the nytro for wieght, I am currently riding a summit 1000 but I am tired of having to work harder than everyone else I haven't riden a nytro yet but sometimes where they put the wieght makes a big difference, I am happy to sacrifice the power for a good reliable all around sled, I am not trying to be hillclimb champion, but I would like a sled that boodocks well, yammie releases thier new machines on friday I have my fingers crossed that the nytro is on a diet, I think if I get some feedback that the Nytro is a good all around sled that I may lean that way. I like the four stroke reliability and I have had very good success with yamaha in the past as well as built up a pretty good relationship with some of the dealers around town so that helps sway my decision a bit, the wieght thing of the doo is so hard to ignore though!

any polaris guys had any problems with thier 08 dragons?

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you find the nytro for wieght, I am currently riding a summit 1000 but I am tired of having to work harder than everyone else I haven't riden a nytro yet but sometimes where they put the wieght makes a big difference, I am happy to sacrifice the power for a good reliable all around sled, I am not trying to be hillclimb champion, but I would like a sled that boodocks well, yammie releases thier new machines on friday I have my fingers crossed that the nytro is on a diet, I think if I get some feedback that the Nytro is a good all around sled that I may lean that way. I like the four stroke reliability and I have had very good success with yamaha in the past as well as built up a pretty good relationship with some of the dealers around town so that helps sway my decision a bit, the wieght thing of the doo is so hard to ignore though!

If you end up buying a nytro, if you go south towards red deer there is a dealer called Romar Power-Sports, Nytro's are around $13,000, i got mine from there he gave it me for $10,500

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I have been seeing Nytros pretty cheap, especially if I go south I found a dealer in montana that will let them go for $7500 you lose the warranty but that might open up the window for a turbo a little sooner! for close to the same price as a new sled here you can have a turboed nytro, no warranty but king of the hill power on a budget!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They have a similar stance as the rev chassi. they are a bit on the tippy side. But with stiffening up the front shocks a bit and tightening up the limiter straps it seems to handle alot better. They will climb alot higher because this changes the attack angle of the track. That being said they are not really a climber, unless you stretch them out to componsate for the weight and gives you better floatation. I have seen the turbo Nytro's in action.... Pretty amazing where they will go. They are great in my mind for boondocking, very responsive to your movements. Lack a bit in the power but when you have 130hp you want 150. When you have 150hp you want 170 and so on. For a heavier sled they feel good, and I don't feel wiped out at the end of the day.......... Maybe I'm just getting stronger?....

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a similar stance as the rev chassi. they are a bit on the tippy side. But with stiffening up the front shocks a bit and tightening up the limiter straps it seems to handle alot better. They will climb alot higher because this changes the attack angle of the track. That being said they are not really a climber, unless you stretch them out to componsate for the weight and gives you better floatation. I have seen the turbo Nytro's in action.... Pretty amazing where they will go. They are grat in my mind for boondocking, very responsive to your movements. Lack a bit in the power but when you have 130hp you want 150. When you have 150hp you want 170 and so on. For a heavier sled they feel good, and I don't feel wiped out at the end of the day.......... Maybe I'm just getting stronger?....

I agree with you tab. After you ride the 130 you want the 150. And yea us yamaha guys are getting stronger throwing these "tanks" around :D:D

Top Bottom