reverse freezing

dirk660

Reaction score
i am looking for some tips and tricks to try and keep my reverse lever from freezing. i like having it but its no good if you cant use it. anyone came up with a good tip, i tried lubricating it, but that doesnt seem to last. maybe grease??

thanks in advance

quad4life

Reaction score
use powdered graphite it will not freeze I use it all the time works great only problem a little messy

dirk660

Reaction score
i think i have some dry graphite at work i could try that. we use it on trailers and no mess
thanks

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine froze up every ride. I started using something called Fluid Film on the linkage a couple of times per season and it never happened again.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine froze up every ride. I started using something called Fluid Film on the linkage a couple of times per season and it never happened again.

I use fluid film on everything! it is the only product I keep in the shop now! so it is the handle and linkage that freezes? not anything inside the case? I will try squirting the "FILM" on the linkage to provent freezing!

dirk660

Reaction score
i havent looked at it close yet but on the nytro the dealer said there is a little shaft in the lever or something that gets moisture in it and seizes in there. i have fluid film here too, might use that.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep it's the linkage. Can only speak for the Apex. There's a round shaft that slides within another when you pull the handle out. That's the issue, but I spray all the joints too.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what part freezes up? I just put reverse on my Apex and have not noticed it freezing up?

The lever freezes up. You know how it slides back then you move it to the left. The freeze and won't slide back toward you. It happened to me once. I use Lubriplate on mine and it works slick.

Bear 5022

Reaction score
i am looking for some tips and tricks to try and keep my reverse lever from freezing. i like having it but its no good if you cant use it. anyone came up with a good tip, i tried lubricating it, but that doesnt seem to last. maybe grease??

thanks in advance

I have a 08 Nytro MTN 40th and found that the snow builds up on the rev linkage ,stoping its movement.Its from kicking snow into the toe holds.With all the awesome powder this year im always trying to clean out my toe holes and that forces the snow thru holes, into the eng compartment. It builds up ,freezes,and then the swearing starts because the darn thing worked fine 2 hours ago!!! Havnt tried fixing the problem yet,but entertaining the idea of installing something to stop the snow build up. Maybe something as simple as a well placed squit of spray foam. My 07 Apex Mountian SE has also given me some problems in this matter as well. But not as much. Happy Trails

Top Bottom