red hot exhaust

sks1

Reaction score
I have a 1999 700 sks,i just put a mbrp can on it and at about 40 to 45 mph it starts glowing red hot.Has this happend to anyone else. I cant figure it out.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you are running lean with the new pipe, have not seen that but have been told by many that a pipe and can can cause you to run lean and pop a motor, run aboondocker box or crank up your oil and fuel mix, could change your plugs to a cooler range. i would rejet... asap

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the lean running condition. Although if there is an internal defect with the can you may have an exhaust restriction which could hold the heat in the pipe. Just because a part is new doesn't mean it's perfect.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strap on a few of those kuby cookers and you will have friends for life :d Never seen that before , but the header pipe on my sons race quad glows bright red at an idle when it is warming up :eek: Sounds like things coud be a tad lean :nono:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the lean running condition. Although if there is an internal defect with the can you may have an exhaust restriction which could hold the heat in the pipe. Just because a part is new doesn't mean it's perfect.

Restriction is where I would start do your have any buddies with the same can that your could try.

sks1

Reaction score
Checked slide needles and they were leaned out.I also picked up a new can ,hopefully this will work.Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom