rebuilding my 07 525

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was changeing out my plastic lastnight and found that one of my shock mounts is broken. So while i was giving it a real good lookover for any other cracks I decided I am going to strip it down and powder coat the frame and A arms. I only spent an hour on it lastnight but got alot done. Ill keep everyone up to date with the progress. Any tips, tricks and sugestions are more than welcome.

Attachments

• studs3.jpg
    studs3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 229
  • New Image1.jpg
    New Image1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 227
  • New Image2.jpg
    New Image2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 230
  • New Image4.jpg
    New Image4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 231
  • New Image5.jpg
    New Image5.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 230
  • wire harnes on bars.jpg
    wire harnes on bars.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 228

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am just about done ripping it apart. I haven't been spending as much time as I could be on it, only about 1.5-2 hrs a night. Ill finish it up tonight, than wash it and take a closer look for cracks than off to be PC on Monday or Tuesday. Ill have lots of tome to put it together since my Floats aren't here yet and C&D haven't finished my Podium X'.

Attachments

• day2 8.JPG
    day2 8.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 234
  • day2 7.JPG
    day2 7.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 231
  • day2 3.JPG
    day2 3.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 220
  • day2 2.JPG
    day2 2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 225

ghglenn

Reaction score
Are you having gussets welded on it, aswell? If there are any misc. tabs that aren't really used, good time to remove them before PC. Post pics as you put it back together, always need some inspiration to do mine...

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finished tearing it down on Friday night. Washed everything on sat and had some welding done. And than on Sunday I went and picked up my new Evol's. tomorrow or Wednesday I am bringing it to get PC'd.

Attachments

• day3.JPG
    day3.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 210
  • day3 2.JPG
    day3 2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 214
  • day3 3.JPG
    day3 3.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
  • day3 5.JPG
    day3 5.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 214
  • day3 6.JPG
    day3 6.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 209
  • new shocks 2.jpg
    new shocks 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 213
  • new shocks.jpg
    new shocks.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 208
  • day3 7.JPG
    day3 7.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 204

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i have spent enough on my quad for a while(wife is going to kill me). All new shocks, new stem, new grab bar, new seat cover, used plastic(extreamxr450), Teixeira ball joints, new bushings and bearings for A Arms, And PC frame, A Arms And Nerfs.

Last edited:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That cool to see!!! i'm doing a little work on my quad for the sun to!!!! do it now becuse the summer is for riding!!!!

YouTube - KFX 450r Kawasaki tear down. 2011 is going to be a good year

thats my thought and it was too cold to be out riding anyway. its warming up now but too much snow. So its the best time to be wrenching. My new custom gripper seat cover was shiped yeasterday. And my new rear grab bar was too. I am droping my frame and A Arms off at LSM to get powder coated today at lunch.

Attachments

• seat cover.jpg
    seat cover.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 188
  • seat cover2.jpg
    seat cover2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 193

ghglenn

Reaction score
thats my thought and it was too cold to be out riding anyway. its warming up now but too much snow. So its the best time to be wrenching. My new custom gripper seat cover was shiped yeasterday. And my new rear grab bar was too. I am droping my frame and A Arms off at LSM to get powder coated today at lunch.

I can't wait to see the end results....BTW does the 007 mean that your quad is going to shoot missiles out the front and oil slicks out the back...not to mention an ejection seat:eek:!!!!

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is taking longer to put my quad together that I thought it should have, but oh well. My frame isn't done at the powder coat shop yet and it's been there for 2 weeks. I am waiting for Colby from C D Racing to send my rear shocks back. I ordered ball joints from Teixeira that should be shipped here soon, Rath was out of stock of stems so I'm waiting for that and I ordered new bushings and pins for the A Arms, bearings, etc. from my brother In laws Polaris dealership ( Adreniline in Whitecourt ). I'm sure it will all be done or arriving this week, cause I'm going to be in Las Vegas!!!! Well I'll take lots of pics and be posting them when I get everything back and start peaceing it together!

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Frame was finally finished at powder coating late yesterday afternoon. The white and red both have a metallic flake in them. I cant wait to start putting it together. Still waiting on a couple things but ill start to reassemble

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 161
  • pc 2.jpg
    pc 2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 157

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet lookin Predator! Are you doin any motor work? I've got a build progress thread goin in the Mudpit section, I should have put it here, DOH!:eek: wasn't thinkin, oh well. Nice build, keep us posted!

Last edited:

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The powder coating was done at LSM in Grande Prairie. It took so long because the sand blasters in town are busy and it took forever to get around to do LSM's sand blasting. They did an awesome job, I love it.

Its an Outlaw not Predator, and I have already built the motor.

I started puting it together lastnight.

Attachments

• put together.JPG
    put together.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 152
  • put together2.JPG
    put together2.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 152
  • put together3.JPG
    put together3.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 153

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is what i have now. im still waiting on some parts to finish up.

Attachments

• rebuild3.JPG
    rebuild3.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 136

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last bit of my parts are starting to show up. My ball joints came so I pressed them in and my rear shocks came so I installed them too. My rear springs were blue so i had them powder coated black(LSM did them for free). everything is looking great, and I cant wait to take it out in the sand.

Attachments

• March1 1.jpg
    March1 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 149
  • March1 2.jpg
    March1 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 143
  • March1 3.jpg
    March1 3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 145
  • March1 4.jpg
    March1 4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 147

ghglenn

Reaction score
That thing is looking sick. Nice job. I am inspired to do mine after this riding season.

Top Bottom