Rear end squeaking U joint?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a squeaking noise coming from my 2007 Dodge 2500 rear end by the diff, im leaning towards it being a u joint, what does everyone think the price of it being installed. (parts included). Thanks.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a u joint for sure. They almost always talk before the fly apart. It's a cheap fix. Not sure how much exactly

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where ya from 09CATM8? If you fill out that box in your profile a little bit more specific we may suggest a good shop..............Like Sherwood Park Service-Auto Select conveniently located on Wye Rd in Sherwood Park

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As everyone else has mentioned, it is most likely a u-joint. To make sure, take it for a drive, when parked slide under and just feel the ends of the u joint cups. The dry or bad cup/cups will be warmer than the others depending on how far you drove, but be carefull as it could also be quite hot! Hope this helps.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh the grease maggots got to Ur u joint eh.

Also look for rust around the joint too cup. One or more will be rusty crusty

sent from my htc

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, price and parts? Can't help you with that, I pick up parts at the local part supplier, do my own repairs, pay parts bill at end of month!

sled

Reaction score
As zal said ya do all of the u-joints on the truck, no matter if you have the 2 piece or 1 piece
Also check to see if the ones the shop use have grease fiitings, those will last alot longer
THE REASON I SAID ABOUT THE GREASE FITTINGS IS DODGE TRUCKS LIKE MINE DOES NOT HAVE THEM.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U mean to say that if u grease them with a grease nipple they will last longer

sent from my htc

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U mean to say that if u grease them with a grease nipple they will last longer

sent from my htc

Bingo! Which is why manufacturers make sealed everything now and a grease zerk on a vehicle is the thing of the past. No one knows how or wants to use a grease gun anymore. A sealed unit will last a lot longer than a greaseable that is never greased.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Bingo! Which is why manufacturers make sealed everything now and a grease zerk on a vehicle is the thing of the past. No one knows how or wants to use a grease gun anymore. A sealed unit will last a lot longer than a greaseable that is never greased.

My 08 Chevy has a full greasable front end and I gease it every other oil change

Top Bottom