RCS Titanuim Rear Torsion Springs

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any dealers on here?

Anyone with experience with them? Looking for something for a friend of mine for a 2012 Polaris Switchback Assault. He is a big boy (350lbs+). Something to keep the backed end of his sled up. Already running heavy springs from Polaris but he needs more.

Thanks

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 2 versions of 'big boy' springs from Polaris. The official recommended upgrade just has bigger diameter wire 0.375" instead of stock 0.359" but the opening angle is the same at 77 degrees IIRC. Then they have 0.375" diameter springs but with 47 degree initial angle which is tighter and thus preloads the spring more once installed. These are not endorsed by Poo but lots of guys run them with no problems.

Another super-cheap option is drill new holes in the rails 5/8" back from where the existing rear ssor t holes are located. This puts more leverage on the entire assembly making a big difference in rear suspension stiffness. I did the stock angle stiffer springs and moved the scissor mount back 5/8" but it's too stiff now plus won't transfer weight at all (need stiffer center spring now to match skid balance).

I would say try drilling the holes and relocate the scissor first before paying another $200 for the stiffer low-angle springs.

Top Bottom