Radiant tube heater

rider1

Reaction score
Had a 40ft tube heater installed in my shop this fall. I have noticed about 3/4 of the way down the tube there is rust particles falling to the floor from one of the connectors in the tube. Is this a common thing to be happening?

Tony

Reaction score
we have several 100 foot long at work and none of them have any rust on them at all . I also have 20 foot in my garage for 14 years and no sign at all of rust on it .

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condensation can pool up and cause corrosion after awhile. But after a year and in the tube heater itself? Phone whoever installed it and see if you have warranty.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it of grade on the exhaust so that the condensation can't run back into the tube? I end up with a pile of ice on the ground below my exhaust from all of the moisture that is expelled.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 40ft tube heater installed in my shop this fall. I have noticed about 3/4 of the way down the tube there is rust particles falling to the floor from one of the connectors in the tube. Is this a common thing to be happening?

Two reasons the first is below and the second: Do you pressure wash or have a lot of humidity in your work area? If so you need the corrosion resistant tubes not regular ones as the reg ones can't handle the extra moisture

it of grade on the exhaust so that the condensation can't run back into the tube? I end up with a pile of ice on the ground below my exhaust from all of the moisture that is expelled.

Top Bottom