Racing Guage Package

rusty43

Reaction score
I recall seeing a digital exh/water/rpm-temp guage with memory and maximums on several asphalt drag racing sleds, but I can't remember the brand name. They were mounted on top of the handlebars usually and were about inch and a half high and ten inches long. Anyone know which ones I'm talking about? Thanks, Russ.

rusty43

Reaction score
Thanks DRD, that link is informative. Do you use yours for drag racing or hillclimbing? Russ

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use them for everyday riding. The 4 screen I have on my old triple will monitor EGT/Tach/WaterTemp and jackshaft RPM. I have a lightweight hood so there are no gauges and the digatron will give me all the info I need. The JS RPM is also good for tuning as the software will let you graph all the inputs, you can really see how your clutches are working. I just put one my REV as I wanted a good tach and water temp gauge. Once you get used to how the EGT's relate to your motor it's also a good indicator if something is going wrong, like a crappy Doo carb boot leaking etc.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like this? This one is a Digitron and records/stores max readings for each input. I'm running EGT's/Tach/and H2O temp on this one.:beer:

Attachments

• P1000471.jpg
    P1000471.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 40

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sure does sound like a racepak avenger III. Not available anymore, been relpaced by a dash mount version. Have it on good authority kgr will have one laying around real soon.

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you can get your hands on a racepack avenger II or III i would definately snatch it up problem is they are frickin pricey I finally picked up a III for a good price

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a RacPack Avenger III i was asking 750.00 with 3 ex probes and 1 water temp probe.

rusty43

Reaction score
I can get a dt 52s re2 digititron for 530$cdn. I think I'll sit back and try to snag a bargain somewhere. You guys are right, the avenger is the one I was thinking of. Thanks, Russ.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah that one he was talking about is a racepac but the problem with them is the fact that you cant get parts for them anymore.. Like new probes.. The digitrons work great, if you get the memory button you can also recall the settings that it was at when you hit the button as well asrecall all the maxes and it also has a playback feature..

micahm

Reaction score
If you go to www.royalditributing.com they have some good deals on Digitron packages until December 1,2008. I am running just the two screen Digitron with EGT, RPM and H2O sensors it works really good especially for spring riding when you pull your hood off.

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey bigdawd...where would a good spot be to put my water probe?....04 king cat carbed

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was me doing it Your best beat would to put the probe in the head somewhere, May have to drill and tap the head to put probe in.

BD

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Good Answer...Do you know if they work?

I'm thinking of something like this image?
No that would be to easy......... i like doing things the hard way.

Koso offers something similar near the bottom of the page

Attachments

• Temp Adabter.jpg
    Temp Adabter.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would want it on the line going from the motor to the coolers so you get a more acurate reading.. I would think.

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys....i was thinking about tapping it into the head but that seems like too much of a PITA never looked into the inline ones....ill have to do some research. I have the probe for the avenger III but not sure if im gonna use it or not...just no logical place to put it is my problem

Top Bottom