R.i.p. Joan rivers.........

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Joan Rivers, the brash comedian who enjoyed a five-decade career on stage and television, died Thursday.
She was 81.
Daughter Melissa Rivers said she died at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, surrounded by family and close friends.
"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh," Melissa Rivers said. "Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

Rivers was hospitalized in New York on Aug. 28 after she stopped breathing during a surgical procedure on her vocal cords and suffered cardiac arrest.
The New York state health department is investigating the circumstances surrounding her cardiac arrest during the outpatient procedure at an endoscopy clinic.

Arguably the world's most famous female comedian, Rivers popularized the biting lead-in, "Can we talk?" and blazed a trail in the male-dominated world of standup in a long and varied career.

Along the way, she overcame personal and professional trials.

At the height of her popularity in the mid-1980s, she was fired just seven months after realizing a dream of hosting her own late night talk show,The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joan was just on the Stern show and made her rounds on the tv talk show circuit promoting a book. she was as sharp as ever. Loved her on Stern, she never held anything back...RIP

Top Bottom