Question for Computer geeks.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You dont have those set up, just the URL's I see.

I have:

snowandmud.com
snowandmud.ca
snowandmud.net
snowandmud.org
snowandmud.us
snowandmud.info
snowandmud.biz
mudandsnow.ca
mudandsnow.org
mudandsnow.net
atv2buy.ca
quadrally.ca
snowmobilerallies.ca
snowmobilerally.ca
quadrallies.ca
quadrallies.com
atvtrailmaps.ca
quadparts.ca
topsnowmobilesites.ca

No none are set up, we just bought them all...really long story but a bunch of us started cunminsforum then we wanted to build a sister site going a different direction but promoting cumminsforum. Owner (who was supposed to be a partner) backed out and threatened to ban us all...the founders...so we bought all the other possible sites, and said fine we will part ways, and dieselbombers was born...all original members still there...silly fight but cumminsforum died and had to be sold shortly after...The guy could be Christophers brother lol

From the same state anyways...

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So done deal, now, when they will do the upgrade im not sure yet. We will keep the two SAS drives on raid 1 (147GB) and delete 2 SAS drives. The OCZ Z-Solid State Drive will be added to the server and the mySQL data base will be off of that.:d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No none are set up, we just bought them all...really long story but a bunch of us started cunminsforum then we wanted to build a sister site going a different direction but promoting cumminsforum. Owner (who was supposed to be a partner) backed out and threatened to ban us all...the founders...so we bought all the other possible sites, and said fine we will part ways, and dieselbombers was born...all original members still there...silly fight but cumminsforum died and had to be sold shortly after...The guy could be Christophers brother lol

From the same state anyways...
I have a few, need another.:d

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to do IT work for a place that handled online content for learning purposes - lots of digital media and up to 2 million "registered" users (normally not all using it at the same time however). We had a SAS raid storage system for the content with a fiber-optic backbone linking it all together. A high end quad processor server with 32GB of RAM handled the front end. It was lightning fast!

I'm not sure of your exact circumstances but I would think part of the lag may have to do with how your host has the server/storage arrangement configured. As mentioned - you can have the fastest drives, but if the information can't get to them as fast as it is written - you then have a new bottleneck you may not realize. Again - not sure how it's all linked together for you, but the fiber we had linking everything together and the quad processors that could write to multiple drives/raid arrays simultaneously was what made the difference - our drives were nothing fancy really (I don't recall exactly what they were, but I don't even think they were as fast as the ones you mentioned you're currently using).

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Vbulletin software relies on SQL for its data base. It is very drive IO intensive. I have no issues with the server at all. Im only running at 1.09 server load on average. That was not even a thought to increase to quad core. Were running a Dual Xeon X5650 Hexa Core(12) 2.66 GHZ Per core. We seem to only use 5-8 Gigs of ram on an average. So that is not the issue. We discovered that it was the reading and writing of the drives that is the issue and bottleneck. The host as you see by there video is hi end, so I cant see issues there either. They have Teir 1 premium bandwidth, Fully Redundant Cisco 6509 Sup720 Distribution Switches, Cisco 2960 48 Port 10/100 rack switches, Redundant Gigabit Ethernet links to each rack switch, Redundant Fiber Entrance expandable to 1840 Gigabits per second.

Top Bottom