Question about the Diamond Lite Drive

1Mrider

Reaction score
I just replaced my challenger track with the 2.5 Peak only I had to swap my drivers to 2.86. Doing so I lost the clearance between my DD and the inside of the track. With that gone I discovered the track clips are wearing a groove around the Diamond Drive. Luckily I caught the problem before things got bad. My question is "Is the BDX Lite Drive output housing smaller than regular stock DD?" (The back housing that sits inside the tunnel) I would assume it is but I've never seen one. Also, Do i need the Lite Drive shaft to run it? Thanks

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The answer is yes and yes but maybe you should save yourself a bunch of cash and just trim up your clips. I have trimmed up 4 tracks now to clear the drive with no issues and it takes about 45 minutes and you can do it on the sled. All you need is a sled jack stand a zip saw or reciprical saw and a piece of steel or aluminium as a thickness template and you are off to the races. A diamond lite setup will run you around $1300.00 but it is a stronger drive, you also never said the year of your sled but you will loose reverse with the older mechanical setups. Happy trimming!

1Mrider

Reaction score
It's an 08 1000. Thought about trimming the clips down but decided to just buy the lite drive. Cost was a 1000 bucks (US) but I'll have peace of mind considering when I changed my gearing to 55/65 last year I found the planetary going bad. Thought about making the upgrade a while ago and I don't care about reverse. Thanks for the advice though.

Top Bottom