Q-drive belt issues

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My belt also looks like new, took it easy for the first 45 miles, cleaned out the belly pan and no problems with shaft or belt, clamped at 50miles.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WELL further investigation the drive shaft failed and then took out quick drive belt No prob MOTION MOTORSPORTS is going to fix it all up on warranty

andus

Reaction score
Can u send me a picture of that skid plat when you get it on, I get lots of snow and ice build up may have to put vents on.
Here you go. Sorry it took me so long to post it for you...and for the snow and ice on the plate in the pic. Really easy to install and it has already saved my Q-drive a couple times. Once from a stump and once from a spruce tree, haha

Attachments

• IMG_0336 (600x450).jpg
    IMG_0336 (600x450).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 152

andus

Reaction score
Moderator, can you please delete my second post (duplicate without pic attached)?

GT500john

Reaction score
So I can't get my finger under bottom gear vey tight to the bottom I think if the snow pushes up belly pan then this could do damage to the belt. Definitely want to clean out the snow and ice after riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WELL further investigation the drive shaft failed and then took out quick drive belt No prob MOTION MOTORSPORTS is going to fix it all up on warranty

Did it have a clamp installed?

GT500john

Reaction score
Right on thanks Andus looks like a good plate.

GT500john

Reaction score
Yes have the clamp on it just don't like the tolerance between the belly and bottom gear

dragrace1933

Reaction score
IVE GOT 420 MILES ON MINE AND STRIPED 3 BELTS ALLREADY,, I BUILT A TENSIONER AFTER THE FIRST AND STRIPED TWO MORE AFTER THAT, DOES ANY ONE KNOW WERE TO GET PULLEYS TO RUN A GATES BELT not a PI BELT. IVE GOT A SUPERCLAMP ON THE SHAFT WITH NO ISSUES THERE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ive got 500 miles on my new pro love the sled broke the 13 shaft 60 miles in broke the qd belt 250 miles in and just twisted off the 2012 shaft i installed as well love the boondocker turbo and the 3" track but i think the power and traction are hard on the drive shafts

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys with higher mileage can you remove the belt and gears and try to see if there is movement on the jack shaft at the bearing. Having to replace two at the shop now. The jackshaft is wearing down getting scored and pitted. The bearing moves smoothly. It's like the shaft is made of too soft material. Both machines around 600 mile mark.

Top Bottom