Putting an after market can on 2011 summit 800 ETEC

gregols

Reaction score
I just purchased a jaws performace race can for my new 2011 summit 800 etec. Just wondering if anyone has tried there new 2011 etecs with a can put on it. Does it feel like a increase of power or decrease??

firecat99

Reaction score
cans only lose weight and reduce back pressure and create more noise, nothing noticable in the HP area, get the single pipe to match the can and you may notice a little in the hp area or go twins but I dont think you can do a whole lot with those ETECs for power

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a jaws performace race can for my new 2011 summit 800 etec. Just wondering if anyone has tried there new 2011 etecs with a can put on it. Does it feel like a increase of power or decrease??

Did you get it already as I heard that Dave at A&E was still doing some dyno tests for Jaws just last week? I want one too but don't want to be too hasty and end up with something unproven.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have a location for the o2 sensor on it? If it doesnt you might be running into problems there. I'm waiting for MBRP to get their cans out and get one of those.

gregols

Reaction score
I just ordered mine should be here very soon. I will give you guys an update of how it is. I asked jaws if it had the O2 sensor for etec and they do. I have a jaws can on my other sled 2006 800 renegade and it works great. Hopefully this one works out good on the etec.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered mine should be here very soon. I will give you guys an update of how it is. I asked jaws if it had the O2 sensor for etec and they do. I have a jaws can on my other sled 2006 800 renegade and it works great. Hopefully this one works out good on the etec.

Sounds good man! Hope it works! Can't wait to see what these new engines can do!

gregols

Reaction score
I know. I cant wait either. I got a trip booked for Dec 2 at Revelstoke... So hope for lots of snow and good riding condition. See what the etec can do :)

curtis.williamson

Reaction score
Anyone know if specialty sleds in Edmonton has made their can for the etecs? I know they're 2010 one was pretty sweet sounding, and let's face it that's what it all about!!!

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
i have talked to dave at A&E.The jaws can is in and i was told it dynoed at 2hp gain and sounded better of course.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have a location for the o2 sensor on it? If it doesnt you might be running into problems there. I'm waiting for MBRP to get their cans out and get one of those.

the sensor in the can is a overtemp sensor not a 02 sensor, its not that picky as long as its in the heat of the exhaust, i had mine on for about 80 miles now from ken at specialty and it runs awesome as well, the tss one runs well also with a original sound.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Anyone know if specialty sleds in Edmonton has made their can for the etecs? I know they're 2010 one was pretty sweet sounding, and let's face it that's what it all about!!!

Specialty sleds don't make the cans....they come from Neils power pipes....3 different flavours of loudness.....loud, mild and quiet

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Specialty sleds don't make the cans....they come from Neils power pipes....3 different flavours of loudness.....loud, mild and quiet

wrong, ken doesnt use neils cans anymore, talked to neil about it and he didnt know why he quit buying his cans, neils cans are the same though.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sensor in the can is a overtemp sensor not a 02 sensor, its not that picky as long as its in the heat of the exhaust, i had mine on for about 80 miles now from ken at specialty and it runs awesome as well, the tss one runs well also with a original sound.

Oh ok. I was led to believe it was o2 for some reason. That makes more sense though.

Canadian JR

Reaction score
Turbo Al and the crew at the Revy Sled Shed have the "Thing" cans ready to go. He has three different models available for the Etec. They have the port built into them for the temp senor and work great. Given them a call for more details and pricing. Ph #250-814-0018 you won't be disapointed. They sound great and the etec feels more responsive with the "Thing" can on.

svdstar

Reaction score
I just had my etec out in Barkerville with the new MBRP can. Sounds great! Waaay better than the "TDI Jetta" it used to sound like. It feels a little more snappy too. For a stock sled, this thing rips. I sold my modded 08 XP (which is a very strong runner) to a buddy and this Etec, hands down, kicks its ass! It literally feels like a big bore compared to a stock ptek.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a MBRP onto mine as well, and have really enjoyed the sound it makes. Seems a little more snappy to me too.

Top Bottom