Puck Board

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the puckboard on the ramp for my deck.Does anyone here know where to get some?

08DRAGON

Reaction score
Try johnston plastics on the southside of edmonton just east of the kings college on 50street

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any UFA farm supply will have it as well, recycled plastic or you can buy the more expensive puckboard, both in 4x8 sheets. the puckboard is a little more dense, and mega slippery.

Jake

Reaction score
Most building supply stores sell puck board, I get it at Home Hardware.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superglides are better, but it's $100 to do a ramp. While puckboard is like $20 and works fine. Only thing I will say is superglides would be nicer when unloading my deck, the skis like to turn on the puckboard :mad: If anyone has some, i'd like to buy it, I don't need anywere close to a 4x8' sheet.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had puck board ,went to the super glides and will never go back. WAY safer I dont now how many times I landed on my A$$ from that puck bourd.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks..Anyone have any idea the diffrence in cost between puckboard and the super glides?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can pick up 20' of superglides for about $100. I believe a 4x8' sheet of puckboard is about $60.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can pick up 20' of superglides for about $100. I believe a 4x8' sheet of puckboard is about $60.

Then you cut it, then drill it, then it warps in the sun light. You will never be so happy to cough up the extra $40. The super glides you will have installed in 1/5th the time and look way better. IMO

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then you cut it, then drill it, then it warps in the sun light. You will never be so happy to cough up the extra $40. The super glides you will have installed in 1/5th the time and look way better. IMO

O ya if I was buying new I would get superglides for sure. But if I already had puckboard and it was still in good shape, it's not worth the money to change it over IMO. It makes it fun loading onto a high deck to, superglides just make it to easy :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just do the same as the superglides....oblong mounting holes for expansion/contraction. use a router if there is a need for "guides" for the carbides to follow.

swift1

Reaction score
I bought a 4X8 sheet at Totem Lumber.
I think they have 1/4" & 1/2" thickness.
The 1/4" is easier to work with and more flexible.​

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Only the rich people around here use superglides. Everyone else goes to the junk yard and buys an old plastic pick up box liner for $20. The ridges keep skis straight and the skis slide extremely easy. I have been using them every weekend for 12 years, and they are still in good shape. One 8' liner can do a double deck with a ramp if you plan it right.

Top Bottom