Proclimb won't run while plugged in

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
Hi everyone, iv run into a odd issue, any insight would be great!
I have a 2012 proclimb 800. Last spring I busted up the bars pretty bad. So I got new bars with new switches and everything, I also got new wiring that just plugged in the harness. Now my issue is it won't start when a separate harness plug is plugged in. The main plug a guy would disconnect to take the hood off. As soon as I plug it in it kills the motor. Runs fine unplugged. Doesn't matter which positing the killswitch or key is in either, while that plug in unplugged. Tether cord still works though. Fuses are good, spent hours wiggling wires, plugging and unplugging different connectors. Any ideas? Something I'm missing and not checking?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have the old harness lay then side by side and compare all the pin placements and such. might be a crossed connection or something stupid.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you have the old harness lay then side by side and compare all the pin placements and such. might be a crossed connection or something stupid.
Unplug just the Throttle safety switch, there is two little wires that are connected to a little switch on your throttle. If the connection is bad it reads that the throttle is depressed and may not start, that's how it was for me anyways on the older sleds.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Is the old harness all mangled? can you hook up that one just to see?

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
Ya unfortunately the old bar harness is all messed. I'll give that throttle sensor thing a try next time. Thanks guys.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Unplug the kill switch too, its possible its mangled inside

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Hi everyone, iv run into a odd issue, any insight would be great!
I have a 2012 proclimb 800. Last spring I busted up the bars pretty bad. So I got new bars with new switches and everything, I also got new wiring that just plugged in the harness. Now my issue is it won't start when a separate harness plug is plugged in. The main plug a guy would disconnect to take the hood off. As soon as I plug it in it kills the motor. Runs fine unplugged. Doesn't matter which positing the killswitch or key is in either, while that plug in unplugged. Tether cord still works though. Fuses are good, spent hours wiggling wires, plugging and unplugging different connectors. Any ideas? Something I'm missing and not checking?
Thanks

Just trying to remember, but didn't the 12s have the same plug from the bars to the ecu harness as from the opposite end of the harness to the ecu?
I guess what I'm trying to say is that check your plugs. I believe you may have the wrong connector plugged in to the hood to ecu connector.

Top Bottom