Pro rmk 600 turbo

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt and I feel for you.
FREAK i dont think your capable of feelings!!!there is no advantage to the 600.No weight saving just 2000.00 dollars for the cheaper sled !!Just to be different well thats just a feeble attempt to get attention!But thats just what i think!

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phone TB racing i think he has a 600 turbo and get a racers opinion ,but yeah if yopur gonna be in for that much buy the *800 right from the start JMO

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Thanks for the opinions guys! Just wanted some ideas on something different everybody has turbo 800, everyone has a bb 800 and if I wanted to ride a sled that was 600 plus pounds I would get a Yamaha. Gunna see what happens I will post pictures of what I come up with.

JLARSH

Reaction score
Heres my take on the topic, and unlike 90% of the people on here I own a 600 turbo. Reliabilty not a factor, it doesnt matter if you have a 600/800/1000 turbo or any big bore requiring a fuel controller, if you don't know how to tune you're fawked. I know this from experience and it was an expensive learning curve.
Pros of the 600 turbo
-Can run higher boost #s on less octane, why I don't know.
-Cheaper initial invesment
-Good sled for the wife when you still get stomped by Turbo 800
Cons
-The lack of torque as was stated earlier in this thread. The 600 lacks in stock form the turbo makes it worse.

I'm a fan of both big bores and turbo sleds in certain situations. There is no arguing the bottom end snap of a big bore or the arm stretching top end of a turbo. One thing to keep in mind though is elevation plays a huge factor in power. The claimed 200hp of a big bore is sea level horsepower not the power you would see at say 7000'. Now you throw a turbo on that sled and run x amount of boost to make that same 200hp at any elevation. Anyone can dispute this but I would like to see any big bore not get stomped by a turbo at equal advertised hp at elevation.
I would recommend not getting the 600 and turboeing it. Buy the 800 and wait till you have enough $$$ to turbo it.

JLARSH

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys! Just wanted some ideas on something different everybody has turbo 800, everyone has a bb 800 and if I wanted to ride a sled that was 600 plus pounds I would get a Yamaha. Gunna see what happens I will post pictures of what I come up with.

If you still wanna go the 600 route here's a build for you. Pro RMK 600,Carls 660/685 kit(150-165hp) then slap a turbo on it. From what Iv'e heard these motors are bulletproof and you have 800cc horsepower before the turbo. Big bore+Turbo makes everyone in this thread happy. And for anyone that is not a believer of these kit's from Carl's, call Mr. Burandt and ask which sleds his customers prefer? The 660 or the stock 800? You might be surprised by his answer.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Appreciate the response Coming from a first hand resource, I am not really concerned about the extra money for the 800 just was pondering the idea of a 600 turbo for something different thanks for the headsup!!!

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres my take on the topic, and unlike 90% of the people on here I own a 600 turbo. Reliabilty not a factor, it doesnt matter if you have a 600/800/1000 turbo or any big bore requiring a fuel controller, if you don't know how to tune you're fawked. I know this from experience and it was an expensive learning curve.
Pros of the 600 turbo
-Can run higher boost #s on less octane, why I don't know.
-Cheaper initial invesment
-Good sled for the wife when you still get stomped by Turbo 800
Cons
-The lack of torque as was stated earlier in this thread. The 600 lacks in stock form the turbo makes it worse.

I'm a fan of both big bores and turbo sleds in certain situations. There is no arguing the bottom end snap of a big bore or the arm stretching top end of a turbo. One thing to keep in mind though is elevation plays a huge factor in power. The claimed 200hp of a big bore is sea level horsepower not the power you would see at say 7000'. Now you throw a turbo on that sled and run x amount of boost to make that same 200hp at any elevation. Anyone can dispute this but I would like to see any big bore not get stomped by a turbo at equal advertised hp at elevation.
I would recommend not getting the 600 and turboeing it. Buy the 800 and wait till you have enough $$$ to turbo it.

on the bold. there is a reason for this.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you still wanna go the 600 route here's a build for you. Pro RMK 600,Carls 660/685 kit(150-165hp) then slap a turbo on it. From what Iv'e heard these motors are bulletproof and you have 800cc horsepower before the turbo. Big bore+Turbo makes everyone in this thread happy. And for anyone that is not a believer of these kit's from Carl's, call Mr. Burandt and ask which sleds his customers prefer? The 660 or the stock 800? You might be surprised by his answer.

whats Burandts number? will shoot him a text, do i tell him Larsh sent me? LMAO. JK

why on earth would you spend even MORE money trying to make up cc's? how much is this 685 kit? then add the cost of a turbo on top of that? seems ridiculous to me when one can just start off with a stock 800 with the same hp. like you said, if ya cant tune...it doesnt matter what bullet proof motor your droppin in...your gonna be unreliable.

big difference between us little guys and Burandts line up. there is a reason he has a team of techs, they arent there for moral support. i guess if ya have deep pockets, throwing money around isnt an issue. i dont have that luxury.

JLARSH

Reaction score
whats Burandts number? will shoot him a text, do i tell him Larsh sent me? LMAO. JK

why on earth would you spend even MORE money trying to make up cc's? how much is this 685 kit? then add the cost of a turbo on top of that? seems ridiculous to me when one can just start off with a stock 800 with the same hp. like you said, if ya cant tune...it doesnt matter what bullet proof motor your droppin in...your gonna be unreliable.

big difference between us little guys and Burandts line up. there is a reason he has a team of techs, they arent there for moral support. i guess if ya have deep pockets, throwing money around isnt an issue. i dont have that luxury.
If he was talkin cats Ryan I would 100% agree with you about starting with an 800 but he's talkin polaris so the 800 and reliable do not go together.
Doesn't matter to me though I gave my opinion on why not to build the 600 turbo.
By the way the new sled looks good.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he was talkin cats Ryan I would 100% agree with you about starting with an 800 but he's talkin polaris so the 800 and reliable do not go together.
Doesn't matter to me though I gave my opinion on why not to build the 600 turbo.
By the way the new sled looks good.

now that i can agree with...i hope they get these 800 figured out on the pro...what a deadly sled. i have a feeling it will be my next sled...almost was this go around but money talks.

Top Bottom