Pro hood material?

stomper

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the hood material is on a pro? is it some sort of thermoplasitc material. Looking to see what product will stick to do some repairs.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HDPE-High density polyethylene, same as the belly pan (nose cone).

The hood choices are the stock HDPE in Black and Red OR... for the LE or special edition versions painted TPO.

The side panels are made of TPO aswell (Thermo Plastic Olefin).

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing you can try is to try and melt different types of plastic somewhere on the inside using a good soldering iron. If the plastic is not the same, it will pull off easily as soon as it's cooled.
If it's the same, it should stay. You can also tell a little bit when burning the plastic. Different plastics create different smoke. It obviously works much better if you buy a plastic welder.
Some are cheap but don't last long and others are quite expensive.
Some things I picked up from a drunk plastic welder who decided that he should show me the basics.
You can order plastic welding rods on Ebay pretty cheap with a selection of different materials.

It's a good idea to keep pieces that you cut out for venting. Then you know it's the same material.

stomper

Reaction score
Sounds like my shop will be buying a plastic welder....yup I needed another tool!

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at srmcarbom.com you can get a whole new light weight hood for 699$ and loose a pile of weight
probably the heaviest part of these sleds ... the headlight housing is nuts ... Poo could easily ditch a couple of pounds in the hood alone

Top Bottom