Prince George riding areas

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to share some spots of where they go, close to PG?

We end up always going to the play ground ( gravel pit ) along side Foothills.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, close to PG there is the West Lake trails. They do some grooming once there is enough snow. You can also sled out at the clubhouse out on Scott Rd. south of town. There is lots of trails out there that will be groomed. Here is the website for information and how to join the club:

Prince George Snowmobile Club

A little bit further out of town if you're not into mountain riding, there is the 700 Rd. north of town by Bear Lake. There is lots of cutblocks to ride in out there. Should be a good year with all the snow we've been getting! Good luck!

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how far you want to go out of town. From what I have read of your earlier posts your not looking for trails??? There is Baldy Mountain and George Mountain, both in the same areas. There is definatly some trails on both but there is also some climbs. I'm not sure if I have the spelling correct but The Averol which is towards Bear Lake just off the Hwy. Lots of fun places to play. The Captain which I have not been to but I have heard it's a long ride in but well worth it, same out towards Bear Lake. We definatly have our little hidden treasures but if you do some exploring out towards Baldy (South of town) you will find some great riding area. Bring some flagging tape if you go. It can all look the same in the snow after awhile..

On another note if anyone knows how to get up to the wind mills please do share.

rlook

Reaction score
If you're looking for somewhere right in PG if you go off the end of Domano in lower college heights there are lots of trails. I was out there today for a little bit although there isn't quite enough snow yet!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for somewhere right in PG if you go off the end of Domano in lower college heights there are lots of trails. I was out there today for a little bit although there isn't quite enough snow yet!

Yup, we can ride there right from our house when we don't feel like loading up....or just feel like a family type ride with the kids! You can also access the West Lake trails from there too.....lots of lakes and boondocking out there too when there is enough snow. There is a bit of everything out there, not just groomed trails!

dirtbag

Reaction score
I have never been to the gravel pit ,I live right around there and head up the hill to the dump and scales and all the trails through that area,and trailer out to the bear lake area,rideing area is rather extensive out there..

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, we can ride there right from our house when we don't feel like loading up....or just feel like a family type ride with the kids! You can also access the West Lake trails from there too.....lots of lakes and boondocking out there too when there is enough snow. There is a bit of everything out there, not just groomed trails!

Double Yup, just 1 block up around the corner from me.

Top Bottom