Primary Clutch Options

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
last ride my clutch was sticking closed so had a look when I got home and it definitely has one bad roller and weight. took it to the local dealer for them to have a look and they say I need a whole new clutch and quoted me $1150. should I bite the bullet and just have them do it or are there cheaper better options?
2012 ProclimbM800

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last ride my clutch was sticking closed so had a look when I got home and it definitely has one bad roller and weight. took it to the local dealer for them to have a look and they say I need a whole new clutch and quoted me $1150. should I bite the bullet and just have them do it or are there cheaper better options?
2012 ProclimbM800
Yup - call T&T Powersports(780) 826-6121, order a new clutch and puller. Even with bus fare, it will be significantly less $$$.

Last edited:

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to get a Team setup that comes stock on the 2016's. I wonder when the dealers would/could start getting parts?

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
order one off ebay. you can get on shipped to your door for $550 cdn. List price is $620. Your dealer is charging you a lot for a little bit of work

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Curious about the one's on ebay, description says it fits 2012-13, didnt the recall replace them all with 14's? If I did order a complete clutch, would I bolt it on and good to go or would if have to b adjusted?

Fast6seccamaro

Reaction score
A new clutch will come uncalibrated which means no spring or weights. You can use stock weights or throw in some adjustable ones! I think the recall your talking about is the secondary clutch!

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Picked up my sled from dealer, think I'll order a clutch from ebay. Any suggestions on what weights and spring to go with? I do all my riding in the mountains

dirtymax8

Reaction score
Arctic cat doesn't make parts for there primary's that's why they want you to buy a new one. But be careful the spider on the metric clutches that come on the cat 2010-2015 end up cracking at some point. Look into thunder products they make billet spiders. And all the rollers can be replaced when needed in the future. I just rebuilt mine $350 for the spider with new rollers much cheaper then a new clutch that can't be rebuilt.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion: Look at Fastrax's P85 conversion. Clutch is almost 2 lbs lighter then a Cat clutch, and parts are very readily available. (I run this on my "backup" 2013 M800). A bit more $$$ then a new Cat clutch, but far better performance...

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Arctic cat doesn't make parts for there primary's that's why they want you to buy a new one. But be careful the spider on the metric clutches that come on the cat 2010-2015 end up cracking at some point. Look into thunder products they make billet spiders. And all the rollers can be replaced when needed in the future. I just rebuilt mine $350 for the spider with new rollers much cheaper then a new clutch that can't be rebuilt.

Nice! did u have any trouble getting your spider off? I was told most won"t come off without wrecking the threads, that's the reason these clutches cant b rebuilt

Fast6seccamaro

Reaction score
Nice! did u have any trouble getting your spider off? I was told most won"t come off without wrecking the threads, that's the reason these clutches cant b rebuilt

I have the 911 cover, billet spider, heavy hitter weights and glide washers. Real nice set up. You need the proper spider tool and a small propane torch but the spider comes off with no problems. You can make your own spider tool or any decent sled shop or dealer should be able to help you

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
I have the 911 cover, billet spider, heavy hitter weights and glide washers. Real nice set up. You need the proper spider tool and a small propane torch but the spider comes off with no problems. You can make your own spider tool or any decent sled shop or dealer should be able to help you

Cool. think a guy at work made up a tool for the spider and its still at the shop. I'll give it a try and let u know how it goes

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
Got the spider off, now for my next big decision, decide if I want to keep this sled or not. I was thinking about upgrading to a new 2014or15. Spend the money and do this clutch right or just replace the rollers and weights and sell the sled. Hmmmm
Thanks for the input everyone

Fast6seccamaro

Reaction score
Got the spider off, now for my next big decision, decide if I want to keep this sled or not. I was thinking about upgrading to a new 2014or15. Spend the money and do this clutch right or just replace the rollers and weights and sell the sled. Hmmmm
Thanks for the input everyone
I do have a brand new stock spider that was never run if you need. I pulled it off a brand new clutch and installed the billet 911 spider

1BIGBADSLVRAM

Reaction score
So I ordered a new primary, weights and spring. Is my secondary going to need shimming or should it still be good?

Top Bottom