Prairie Creek Single Track

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which prairie creek? I saw a bunch out west of rocky if that's the one you are talking about. Was surveying some pipelines there about ten years ago and always wanted to go back and find the single track trails
Possibly an old race loop

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Which prairie creek? I saw a bunch out west of rocky if that's the one you are talking about. Was surveying some pipelines there about ten years ago and always wanted to go back and find the single track trails
Possibly an old race loop

That's the area I thought of but 10 yrs ago, guessing there gone now

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the bottom of Baseline there has been mountain bike trails throught the trees for quite a few years.
There is 1 section where there are 2x6 boards set up like catwalks to ride on.

woodsman27

Reaction score
Yep, prairie creek out by rocky. The trails we were on were all on the south side of hwy 752. We ended up taking a trail south (right off where the hwy turns to gravel) to an old wellsite. There was a piece of flagging tape I decided to check out and that led us to a good half day of riding on what looked to be part of a race course. Trails were wicked though, someone has put in lots of effort out there - just wish I had a gps that day!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Yep, prairie creek out by rocky. The trails we were on were all on the south side of hwy 752. We ended up taking a trail south (right off where the hwy turns to gravel) to an old wellsite. There was a piece of flagging tape I decided to check out and that led us to a good half day of riding on what looked to be part of a race course. Trails were wicked though, someone has put in lots of effort out there - just wish I had a gps that day!
That is the Rocky Motor Cycle Club harescramble track. We work on it all summer long.

woodsman27

Reaction score
Cool, I'd be willing to come out and help build trail. Looks like you guys got a pretty good club down there.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Cool, I'd be willing to come out and help build trail. Looks like you guys got a pretty good club down there.
The club puts on around 5 or 6 hare scramble races a year. Out if those there are only 2 that are held on public land. The one out west of rocky is the Gloomy Creek track. It's around 17 Kms long. The other race on crown land is southwest of Caroline it's called the Ricinus race. The rest are held on private property. Become a member and race.

http://www.rockymotorcycleclub.com

oh and BTW, Gloomy is the nastiest track I've ever ridden. It gives me fawkin nightmares. You do 3 laps of that track in an hour and you wanna die.

Last edited:

woodsman27

Reaction score
Will do! Hopefully, I can make it down for 1 or 2 races depending on work this summer. I'm sure that trail can get pretty interesting if you're really pushing it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have to check it out too. I doubt I will race. Been too long but might be into helping out and riding it.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Might have to check it out too. I doubt I will race. Been too long but might be into helping out and riding it.
There are many classes to race. Men's A, B, C ....Vets (40yr plus) A, B, C. It's a points accumulation for year end awards. Mostly bragging rights. Very family orientated. Pee-wee, kids and ladies classes as well.

Braap!

Reaction score
Website
mistymountainphoto.ca
my favorite place to ride , some trails you won't know are there unless someone shows you , I could use some help cutting some fallen trees , and there's a hare scramble at gloomy creek this weekend

Last edited:
Top Bottom