Powerstroke 6.0 life expectancy

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking diesel pickups. Ford outsells the others combined by a mile.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder why that one 6 liter never had a problem. Same engine, good service. Probably the operator.

Guess I mean on the same block it's head egr, turbos,heads, injectors.on a 6l that's just maintenance But ya I have almost fired this guy a few times he don't do much

sjsrestorations

Reaction score
I have a cube van with the 6 in it. ended up replacing the motor and put in the egr delete at that time. had injector problems after that. that's the readers digest version. has great power and is great on fuel now but I will never and I mean NEVER buy another 6

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to agree with everyone but they are right. 6.0 GREAT truck when you can afford to walk back. Cab room is the best ever made. New trucks cant even compare to the room the 6L had

But as mentioned they are NOT reliable. I put over 20,000 in mine before I decided to get rid of it
Now cummins in a 6.0 is different story

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking diesel pickups. Ford outsells the others combined by a mile.

Oh, wasn't aware of that fact. Have a link with the actual numbers or is it your opinion?
There is a pile of them since Ford smartly aligned themselves with many of the fleet companies like P/H, ARI etc which may account for the numbers. There is no fawking way anyone would walk in an buy a 6.0 other than the first year when it was still a surprise, is there? My last few mandatory Ford work trucks I elected for gas, one 6.0 was more than enough.
Glad you enjoyed yours.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever. It's funny how a dodge guy will pay thousands to replace the transmission several times, the brakes over and over, the front end twice as often as the other makes, put up with all the electrical gremlins and problems, lift pumps that destroy injector pumps and the cummins that drop dowel pins, roast the back two cylinders, leak from poor quality castings etc, etc..
yet when a ford guy chooses to drop a couple grand into fixing the problems on his engine, HE's the guy that's supposedly wasting his money.
Dodge ram. The K-car of trucks.

Top Bottom